can someone suggest a good MD for around $150

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2
alpha105 said:
Looking for a good metal detector for around $150....any ideas?

Look at Kellyco website.Also Tonyinct, The ace 250 by Garrett is around 210 on Kelly website they will give you free item's, all dealer's sale brand new detectors for the same price,Looking around for the best deal is what you should do,If you live outside of Florida,you do not pay sale's tax, and Kellyco ship's for free also.

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
If you are "stuck" at a budget limit of $150, I would try to find an Ace 250 trade in or reconditioned unit. I would not recommend going for a new MD in that price range. There are some on Ebay and other places for that price and I just don't think they would rise to the level of performance of the 250.

Just my 2 cents.

Daryl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would go with the Ace 250 its a little more but if you don't bite the bullet and get it you will regret it and get all fubar over the machine you ended up with.

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning,

I believe that a "Good Metal Detector for $150" is an oxymoron.

Detectors below $200 are usually very disappointing to the user. I agree about the ACE 250, good machine, good company, good price, easy to use.

Jack

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Save another $100.00 and get the Ace 250 from Tony with some some extras.

Keep @ it and HH!!

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
alpha105 said:
Looking for a good metal detector for around $150....any ideas?

Harbor Freight has some metal detectors for $19.99! You could get six or seven with enough left to buy a shovel and apron! Anyone ever use the TITAN XD 1000? They are $150 at KellyCo if you ask for that price, plus usual goodies. Got one for a relative and all I know is it makes a good doorstop. They have not used it yet. ???

OP
OP
alpha105

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would attempt to go for the extra 100 or so....but at my current rate the only time im gonna have any extra cash to be able to get one is when i get the extra paycheck......which only happens every 6 months next month being the next time. I live with my fiance and together we pull in enough cash to survive.....if u can call it that =(....thanks for all the input though....i may have to hit ebay after all =\

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
There's a brand new Ace 250 on Ebay right now for $185 delivered if nobody ups the bid. The "Buy it Now" price is $195 delivered. Item number: 180120980272

Daryl

OP
OP
alpha105

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cant grab one till next month....but im sure its a dealer....ill have to add him....ty

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
here's how you get a good detector for $150.... Save the extra $60 and get an Ace 250 for $210.

Unless you find a used one (which many people shy away from), you're not going to find a good detector for under $200 bucks. Don't waste your time with a radio shack special. If you do, you'll either end up 1. hating the hobby, and sticking your $150 detector in the closet (waste of money), or 2. realize that the detector isn't cutting it, and end up spending another $250 for the Ace anyway.

Steve

Willy

Buy a decent used detector of one of the classified forums. Some of the older units can be had for a song and will still kick butt. I picked up an X-100 Challenger for around that price and it will give $1000 units a run for their money. ..Willy.

transplant

Dec 26, 2006
i have one of those harbour freight thing it would pick up anything even if your where inside the us mint stand on a bag of silver

wheres_wheatie

Sep 2, 2006
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/ Carrot
I use the Bounty Hunter Lone Star and it works great for me. I've had my doubt about it before but in the end it always proves it self. I would go with a ace 250 if I could afford it, but I think with your price limit this is the best. Only thing that disappoints me about it is the lack of depth detection(how deep the target is in the ground).
$146.89 New w/free shipping

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro Compadre at $151.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ask Tony about what he may have. http://www.tcmetaldetectors.com/

I agree with everything Steve said about buying used from a person. Tony's experience will know it the detector is operating as it should.

The Tesoro Compadre is in the price range, but the ACE 250 is lots better than some higher priced units. Aside from that you could check out an Estate Sale and find a great detector for pennies on the dollar. But test it to see how it operates. Good Luck.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
get one with a pinpoint built it!!!

Fourwayz

Jun 18, 2007
Out Biking
Detector(s) used
Still deciding IF I want to try again
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's another suggestion! If you know someone in the military, they can get it for $169.00. If they are retired, the better! NO SHIPPING COSTS! It's currently the best selling detector on the AAFES(PX) website. So get friendly with a vet!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread