Diggers Fake???

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pay me a couple hundred thousand a year to detect and I would do a happy dance every chance I got and every time script called for it.....

Last edited:

G. I. Digger

Jun 19, 2008
Jefferson Hills, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO/Tesoro Sand Shark, NEL Storm Coil, Garmin GPS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great show, a fantastic history lesson, the permission to detect on locations that I have only dreamed about, and it gets me fired up to get out there! I would still be happy dancing if I had permission to detect at any of their sites and found relics dating back to the 1700's. Roundness in the hole baby!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Great show, a fantastic history lesson, the permission to detect on locations that I have only dreamed about, and it gets me fired up to get out there! I would still be happy dancing if I had permission to detect at any of their sites and found relics dating back to the 1700's. Roundness in the hole baby!

Hey buddy,you can go out and dig 1700s relics.You live in Pa.9/10ths of metal detecting is research.Get out there:occasion14:

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I met them earlier this year at a treasure show. They do dig the items shown, and it takes a week of digging and filming to get enough good finds to make an episode. Think about it - if you got permission for you and a buddy to dig a historical site for seven days straight, do you think you might have enough good finds to show? They dig a ton of trash just like the rest of us. Sometimes the "plot" of the episode revolves around the location, other times it revolves around the finds. It all depends on what is dug.

Wayne

Metal Detector Sales Rental | Treasure Hunting | Metal Detecting Stuff

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like the restaurant I worked in years ago as a prep cook.Before the place opened,a reporter was there.She was interviewing the manager for a story about the place.He told her that they made all their own salad dressings.Me being the prep cook said dressings would of been my responsibility to make.One problem being is that I was never given any recipes to make any dressings so it was a lie.:laughing7:

And therein lies the lie within the truth. Your manager didn't lie, he just had a different definition of what MAKE means. LOL Just like Diggers might have a different definition for a "find," and eBay sellers have a specific definition for "unsearched roll!" (meaning YOU haven't searched it, yet. *cracks up*)

Is it a live find? Is it intended to look like they're finding item after item after item (when it's actually 3 items over a week of hunting?) Is a "find" a "find" if they found it last time, but put it into the ground this time? Is a find a find, if they found it last year, and put it into the ground this time? Is a find a find, if someone on the crew finds it, and one of the stars comes over and does the weenie wiggle dance over having "discovered history!"

For us, we probably define "find" as "YOU" found it, and it was on the HUNT you're describing! I think about the person who posted the friend's find of the Draped Bust Dollar... totally banner worthy, but declined to have it show up, because HE didn't "find" the coin... Was it found? yes, but not by him. He felt that it was unethical to claim otherwise. And THAT is probably A reason (not the only one, for sure) why Diggers MAY feel off to people. It's a matter of definitions not aligning.

For me, I'd rather scour youtube for videos, than watch someone act (possibly OVER-act) getting excited over finding a dirt clod covered 1901 IHP. The first wheatie you found was probably super exciting... do you dance when you find a 1957 Wheatie laying on the grass, now? Probably not. Is it still fun? yes, but not to the same degree. These guys are acting, just a tad. :) And THAT is performance art. There's nothing wrong with acting... but I think they sort-of bill it as "legit." and that's where many of us just roll our eyes.

:)

Skippy

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A planted result or outright falsification on a TV show!

download.jpg

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well heck, If my kids were out of the house, I didn't have to work full time and no bills to pay; I would be right there with them. What a job!! Out swinging all the time just finding things!!! Must be nice!:laughing7:

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
of course they find many cool items and coins.first off they ARE skilled detectorists,all the way back to their early you tube vids.Add expierience to the places they are invited to hunt and your gonna get some great finds.there are you tube vids of them filming an episode,filmed by the guys who they were hunting with,those dogs can hunt.

Ive said it before and I'll say it again...they pulled off what none of us have,sucess as detecting hosts on tv.they make a living doing what we all love and they most certainly are not,"boom baby"fakes

a tip of my hat to them both and here is to hoping their biggest haters enjoy 10% of their sucess some day.

:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread