S

stefen

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have driven through every state west of Pa/ NY State, I have been in every National Park in Calif, driven from Seattle to San Diego down the coast line, taken every scenic turnout and I disagree with report. There are far prettier counties than Calif... Utah alone beats Calif for scenery in my opinion, as does Colorado and much of Utah and Idaho...

Last edited:

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have driven through every state west of Pa/ NY State, I have been in every National Park in Calif, driven from Seattle to San Diego and I disagree with report. There are far prettier counties than Calif... Utah alone beats Calif for scenery..
Especially when the sun is setting and all the colors change.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How can any place be considered the most scenic when they're constantly suffering from droughts and wildfires? Hard to be scenic when you can't water your lawn and have to evacuate your homes every year or two because of wildfires...

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Woo Hoo! We're number 2,028 out of 3,111. 35%.

But we don't get earthquakes, mudslides, tornadoes, brushfires, mine-spills, draughts, or riots. Or mosquitoes for 1/2 the year. :thumbsup:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We're light green, but probably only cause we're on the east coast.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are 46 out of 3,111. (Curry county)
And I live less then a mile from number 5... (Del Norte) county):headbang:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
The top 5 counties in America are in California with Ventura County being No. 1 and Humboldt No. 2...Santa Barbara No. 3, Mendocino and Del Norte No's 4 and 5......

Yeah, but in terms of expensive to live in, those areas are probably the most expensive! haha Maybe not a double-wide in Humboldt county, but..... well .... you know :)

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Pretty bogus if you ask me. They aren't taking into consideration whether or not people are retired or having to work for example. Here in Greene County Tennessee for example the year round weather is great and the cost of living is low as well as having amazing scenery with the Smoky Mountains just an hour South of here. But.. the pay scale is fairly low for those folks who still have to work for a living. So while it's an awesome place to retire to it's not a great place for working people.

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
White Mountain National Forest. New Hampshire in the fall.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread