Feb 5, 2007
SE bucks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
BH Lonestar/ BH Pinpointer
Teknetics Liberator
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O.K. here goes,
My mother is selling her house that was built back in the 20's in central New Jersey. A few years back, while doing yardwork the lucky lady found a rather old and worn large cent dating back to over 200+ years while raking leaves(yes the date is visible). Maybe it was a fluke, who knows since her property was used for many things over the past two centuries. My question is what would be the best setting to have my B.H. Lonestar set at for optimal coinshooting, to have the best chance at finding any and all coins remaining on her property before she sells the house and retires down south. Please, any input would be greatly appreciated!
Thx
HH
mike

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
To be honest Mike, I'd set the BH to pretty much all metal mode.
#1 Dig any good or soft repeatable target in at least one direction.

#2 I don't know how fast property sells back east but don't procrastinate too much since a window of opportunity has a tendancy to shut on your fingers pretty quick.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good advice Stoney.If the yard is really "trashy" try turning up the disc. to around the 11 oclock position.Keep sensitivity as high as possible.If you start getting false or erratic signals then reduce the sensitivity a bit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread