Ace 250?

MasonRoberson

Aug 23, 2015
North GA
Detector(s) used
Garret products! Love them!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello I recently bought the Ace 250 and am still learning it. I was wondering what is your experience with the Ace 250 and what are some cool finds you have found with it. I have been detecting at a 1920's home at up near the house where it is less trashy I can get targets really deep I found a newer dime a good 6'' inches put I go down near a old path which has a TON of iron there i'm not really sure why and I can old sometimes pick targets I found a silver dime there and a few wheat pennies in that spot but there are usually "bad signals" where i'm debating to dig it, but up near the house where there are less trash I can get a coin hit and it be a good 6''+ down no problem... I believe its because the iron is masking the coin targets not sure but if someone could help me out with that, would be awesome! I also found a half of a car tag about 1 foot down it came in as a clear awesome $1 coin "ha wish it was one" it was from the 1960's, but anyway I was just wondering any tips with it, and how to get the most out of it. I know I see a lot of people say its only good for beginners and thats it I really want to disagree with that i'v been detecting for about 6 months now and I still guess i'm a beginner, but the few months I have had the Ace 250 it has preformed well and has got me ton of good stuff deep and shallow, I plan to stick with the Ace 250 for a while and get a bigger coil to get deeper and suggestions on coils to get for it I'v been looking at the NEL coils, but over all just any tips about it and how to get the most out of it and even some experiences you guys have had from it. Thank you so much!

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello and welcome to Treasure Net! , the best treasure forum ever! I personally don't have any knowledge of the 250. But I do agree with you sticking with it a while longer. 6 months is not a very long time. ANY , any....detector will only respond with a signal if it is passing a target. Research will produce the finds. Sure! There are deeper, smarter detectors on the market and you will probably want one of those in the future. But again? If you don't have the coil over the target?.... I tell everyone who asks?...if it ain't there? You ain't gonna find it!
My FIRST ring was a two caret very clear emerald in platinum with two beautifull clear 1/2 caret diamonds ....I found it at 8" with a Radio Shack Discovery 1000..many many years ago.and dug it with a table spoon.... Do your research, get the NEL coil. God bless

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread