Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember all those cost of fuel increases that were pasted onto "we" the consumers of goods? Well has any of them disappeared with the dropping of oil/gas prices (or anything)?
No? Oh gee, let me put my shocked face on.....not! ???
Once they get the increase there is no giving back, even if the cost dropped to $0. :BangHead:
Every time the state raises the cost of anything it is always for the good of the people, like for bridge and road repairs, which NEVER seem to happen. If I did that at my job I would have been fired at lest, if not prosecuted "to the fullest extent of the law" all is fair in love and war....this must be war, cause I sure as heck don't love them! :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea eggs are $3.15 a Dozen here just to name one I noticed

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:dontknow: Well, if it ain't tax or fees what else is is that makes the NY average (#3) 11.4¢ higher than the PA average (#7) for gasoline? Greed? Rape? It's always been to our advantage to wait and fill up in PA on a trip south.

US Average Gas Prices by State - GasBuddy.com

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
:dontknow: Well, if it ain't tax or fees what else is is that makes the NY average (#3) 11.4¢ higher than the PA average (#7) for gasoline? Greed? Rape? It's always been to our advantage to wait and fill up in PA on a trip south.

US Average Gas Prices by State - GasBuddy.com

In the town where I live, Murphy Oil (affiliated with Wally World) charges us 10-12 cents more per gallon than they do in Monticello, Arkansas. The fuel that goes to Monticello actually travels through my town, so it would seem that it would cost them less to sell here.

"The average pay in Crossett is higher than in Monticello, so our home office sets our price slightly higher", was the explanation from the local manager after I paid her with my coin roll hunting drop back during the period of $4.00/gallon gas prices.

Why should they take offense in a half-dollar coin roll hunting drop? It's legal tender ... except at Mc Donald's, where they think Kennedy halves are "foreign money."

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Here's how it works. The producers 'foreign' sell to the tanker owners for cash. That cash is the product of market speculators. The tanker owners sell to the refineries. The refineries sell to the stations, some brand owned, some independent. So you see there is a lot of speculation and markup along the way.
Now if the oil is locally produced, a big speculation factor is removed. If it is transported by pipeline, the cost factor is constant with no speculation.
Now BO has approved Arctic drilling, but no pipeline! Go figure. Frank

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SPECULATION

Simple solution to speculators. Require buyers to be able to take physical delivery of oil or they can't purchase the contracts. Logical solution, but it will never be enacted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread