Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I stopped by Radioworld in North Toronto last week, as I needed a new coil cover for my Garrett AT Pro detector. At Radioworld they have an area in the store that's devoted just to metal detecting and I noticed in the glass showcase a small display of relics. So I asked Leo Sweers the Retail Sales Manager there what they were all about. Leo told me, "that periodically detectorists will donate a find to the display case". Well when I got home, I started to think about how a display at this location with a wider range of relics that were nicely displayed might encourage youngsters to get interested in our hobby. So I emailed Leo back, letting him know my thoughts about donating some relics to Radioworld and what I wanted to do. I then asked him if I could come by and set up a display in the showcase and he said that would be great!

So, today I headed back to Toronto and set up the display... I truly hope this inspires others to take on this amazing hobby! :thumbsup:
Dave

Attachments

• 20150825_105508_resized-crop.jpg
    20150825_105508_resized-crop.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 94
  • 20150825_105012_resized.jpg
    20150825_105012_resized.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 103
  • 20150825_104934_resized-crop.jpg
    20150825_104934_resized-crop.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 20150825_104820_resized-crop.jpg
    20150825_104820_resized-crop.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 20150825_105001_resized.jpg
    20150825_105001_resized.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 98

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome job ANTIQUARIAN! I think that's a wonderful idea and it was great of you to give from your private collection! HH

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dave, that is wonderful! You gave up some good finds too. Looks like the store carries some higher end detectors.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
That is really a nice gesture Antiquarian. Always nice to see people giving back to the hobby that has given them so much.

I don't see a Martingale in the display box though. That's kind of your calling card, huh?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I thought when you told me that you put together some finds for the showcase I never dreamed that you filled it up! Well done buddy you really are top notch when it comes to promoting this hobby and sharing of your finds. If it can inspire one young person to get the passion well it's all worth while. :occasion14:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! That is a terrific thing to encourage newbies!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ANTIQUE NICE LAYOUT AND RELICS TOO , AND ALSO NEAT THING TO DO . LOOKS LIKE A VERY PRODUCTIVE PLACE.

Rustic

Jul 10, 2015
western MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful display, there's no doubt it will encourage people to take up the sport. What a great idea.

OP
OP
ANTIQUARIAN

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I want to thank all the members who took the time to post and for offering your support to this amazing hobby! :occasion14:

I feel that far too many detectorists go out and buy a detector thinking that they're going to walk down to their local parks and start finding gold & silver jewelry right away. Some do, but most do not and they become discouraged and give up after a few weeks or months of trying. All of us who detect on a regular basis (1 - 3 times a week) know that it takes time to learn your detectors language and even longer to learn what sounds good and what doesn't. But in the beginning you have to dig every signal, otherwise you're never going to learn what's a good signal and what's trash.

My point is... there's so much more to be found out there than just jewelry and coins! :thumbsup:
Thanks again to everyone for your support here on TreasureNet! :hello:
Dave

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love this thread man. What you have done here is a great service to the hobby. There is so much out there besides coins and jewelry like you stated that there really should be no fear that all the treasure will be dug up. Although I guess that depends on what a person defines as treasure.

Billions of coins...millions of jewels...tons of relics from our past in places obvious and discreet. There is plenty to go around for everybody.

Awesome display...thanks for the pics of it. Wish I could see it in person someday.

OP
OP
ANTIQUARIAN

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just joined the Treasurenet, and I love reading posts like yours. People helping people, excellent.

Thank you very much for the kind words Butch, welcome to Tnet! :thumbsup:
Dave

I love this thread man. What you have done here is a great service to the hobby. There is so much out there besides coins and jewelry like you stated that there really should be no fear that all the treasure will be dug up. Although I guess that depends on what a person defines as treasure.

Billions of coins...millions of jewels...tons of relics from our past in places obvious and discreet. There is plenty to go around for everybody.

Awesome display...thanks for the pics of it. Wish I could see it in person someday.
Thanks for taking the time to post and for your feedback THGT! :occasion14:

You are so right when you say, "Although I guess that depends on what a person defines as treasure".
Personally, I consider 'treasure' to be anything that somebody lost or dis-guarded sometime back in history.
All the items that I donated were either made or used by the people who came before us and now they're part of everyone's past! :icon_thumleft:

Thanks again and best of luck to you in Colorado!
Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions