Looking for a certain form of gold

jaycook

Aug 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, not finding it out in the wild. I'm looking to purchase it. I can't seem to find what I'm looking for and I thought this community might be able to help.

I'm in need of some gold powder. Fine stuff. I think I came across the term "flour gold" in my searches. The particle size I need would be something like you would get from sanding with 400 grit paper. Close to pure if possible. Does anybody know where I can find such a thing?

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some extra baking flour and some gold paint if that might help?

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DANG THERE CHUCK YOU HIT THE ANSWER RIGHT ON THE SPOT. WELCOME NEW TNET MEMBER.

OP
OP
J

jaycook

Aug 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies guys. What I am actually looking for is in this video, starting at the 3:52 mark. It appears to be much finer than what is shown in the link above. Maybe I'm stuck with buying a nugget and sanding it myself to make the powder?

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pure gold is very soft, almost buttery.I am guessing that sanding a fine gold bar is just going to clog the sand paper. In that video you posted, looks alot like gold leaf application except it is a powder instead of a sheet.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions