SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course you will be watching, can't miss anything related to treasure hunting. Thanks for the heads up!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What's wrong Terry Solomon?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What's wrong Terry Solomon?

This isn't like fishing or hunting. Once the artifacts and treasures have been found - they are gone forever. This show hits the air and we'll have newbies with shovels digging up National Monuments and farmer's fields without permission. That means the rest of us will be judged badly. Our hobby is secretive by nature, and for good reason.

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This isn't like fishing or hunting. Once the artifacts and treasures have been found - they are gone forever. This show hits the air and we'll have newbies with shovels digging up National Monuments and farmer's fields without permission. That means the rest of us will be judged badly. Our hobby is secretive by nature, and for good reason.
I'm going to give it a chance at least. There are always newbies and "oldies" that dig without permission and that is wrong. I'm hoping this show will be different and more insightful.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

But even vets like you started as a newbie. Why should they be turned away when you were once welcomed as a newb? What if dealers said "Well Terry...you have 5-6 detectors already so were not selling to you anymore" or "We have enough MDers already" when you first tried to buy one? Guessing that would be a colorful conversation.

In my opinion this hobby is secretive because people are greedy and want the goods for themselves. Almost a sense of entitlement that the vets deserve it all because they have been doing it longer. I personally cannot subscribe to that logic and prefer to instead trumpet the hobby and encourage others to join in on the fun. do I want to find the good myself...absolutely. But I will be happy and pat somebody on the back if they beat me to it fair and square.

Coins were stuck in the billions most years....hundreds of millions in slow years. People today are still dropping jewelry and coins and various items which in the future will be considered rare and valuable. Almost like a renewable resource such as fish and deer.

Illegal diggers will do what they do and I see your point that there will be more of them ratio-wise. But to segregate the entire hobby away from new MDers because of a crappy TV show is not really fair. Let them learn for themselves each hunt is NOT like it shows on TV and we will have a wonderful choice of barely used detectors on Ebay once they tire of it. Seems like a win to me.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope this has nothing to do with the Legends in North Ga and South East Tn.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea! I will be watching.

They could come to Mass.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thx for the tip CG, Maybe ill give it a chance but if like other Relic /Digging shown it will only make me wanna go out and hunt.
Good Day

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread