Retiring soon at 48 and looking for an Adventure

Lasgidi9

Tenderfoot
Dec 9, 2012
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After 20 years in the oilfield I will soon be retiring, as soon as I finish up here in Nigeria I will headed back to the states.I would like to start a new career gold mining and am interested in joining a gopd mining operation, or a new adventure to search for gold anywhere.

If you need a new partner and are planning a trip for 2016 I am very interested in joining a team.

Am very interested in South America/Alaska anywhere really. Please contact me. Thanks.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good on you Lasgid9!!:thumbsup: A lot of us would have liked to retire at an earlier age....go have an adventure!!:occasion14:
After 20 years in the oilfield I will soon be retiring, as soon as I finish up here in Nigeria I will headed back to the states.I would like to start a new career gold mining and am interested in joining a gopd mining operation, or a new adventure to search for gold anywhere.

If you need a new partner and are planning a trip for 2016 I am very interested in joining a team.

Am very interested in South America/Alaska anywhere really. Please contact me. Thanks.

OP
OP
L

Lasgidi9

Tenderfoot
Dec 9, 2012
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks T.C. looking forward to, got another 6 to 8 months to finish up 6 years in Nigeria, I can't wait to retire and do some fun stuff!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guy.... I wish ya the best in hooking up with a team. Congrats on retiring at 48.... :occasion14: I retired at 49 and it sure was a major life change. If ya ever get to the Middle TN. area and wanna help me dig up the "golden horseshoe" I just know is here on this old dirt trail... your welcome!!!!

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously!?
Retiring at 48?
I want to be happy for you, but...
GL
Peace ✌

OP
OP
L

Lasgidi9

Tenderfoot
Dec 9, 2012
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@Limitool thanks so much, I spent almost 8 years at the 101st airborne division in clarsville. I love Tenn. when I get home I will surely hit you up, specially since I'll be living by huntsville Alabma Ill be very close to you. Lets go find some gold!!

OP
OP
L

Lasgidi9

Tenderfoot
Dec 9, 2012
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK maybe retire was a strong word, I have worked like a dog for 30 years, and I will be now entering a stage that I can Treasure hunt and mine gold for a living.
As I have sayed enough to pay the bills for a good 35 years, I only need to make spending money and have fun. So I gave the first half of my life to the world, the second half I want for me, to do what I want, when I want, how I want. But yes, I could use to make extra money, so maybe that means semi retired, I dont know, but leaving this behind means retirement to me!

Cheers

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
@Limitool thanks so much, I spent almost 8 years at the 101st airborne division in clarsville. I love Tenn. when I get home I will surely hit you up, specially since I'll be living by huntsville Alabma Ill be very close to you. Lets go find some gold!!

I see the military copters and planes fly over often. And your right.... you aren't very far away. Now, I'm only kidding about that "golden horseshoe" but if I find it you'll hear me!!!!! I have a buddy, Huntsmen53 (Frank) I met through T-net and he has a few spots in TN. & S. Carolina to look for gold. Get back with me when home and we'll dig some stuff on this old, old road behind my home. Maybe Frank will come back here again from E. TN. and we'll have some fun.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seriously!?
Retiring at 48?
I want to be happy for you, but...
GL
Peace ✌

I'm 58 and retired from two jobs. I'm enjoying my delayed gratification from all of those 18-hour days, and spending months on end in Morocco, Saudi, and Turkey. :censored:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Retired a month before my 49th and now it's a daily grind of running around putting out the fires that I seem to start, 8yrs of doing it and I figure I'm only a year behind now. :dontknow:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Listen, all you retired young folks. You need to keep working so I can be assured of social security.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wish I knew how to retire in 3 more years, instead of 30 more! I had too many kids to allow that!

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Fletch, those too many kids will soon be supporting you and giving back what you gave them. Right..........:dontknow:

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My brother-in-law worked for Aramco in Saudi....retired young and has been busy ever since!! He loves it!!
I'm 58 and retired from two jobs. I'm enjoying my delayed gratification from all of those 18-hour days, and spending months on end in Morocco, Saudi, and Turkey. :censored:

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Retired young had it challenges, but the time you get, priceless…..
South America has many areas to search for gold, among other treasures……
Enjoy, vaya con Dios y viva Christo Rey

USMC Reaper

May 23, 2015
Abbeville, S.C.
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX 3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I retired last year at 51, enjoy yourself. It will take some time to relax and understand that you have nothing but time to do the things that you want to do. You've worked hard your whole life to get to this point, do it right.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread