Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Can you sell Metal Detectors on here?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Sep 2015
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Can you sell Metal Detectors on here?

I have a brand new Garrett ATX Extreme Pulse Induction Metal Detector.

I got into metal detecting awhile back and decided to buy it.... then like other hobbies of mine I never went out. it literally was delivered to me and then sat on the top shelf in my closet until today. lol

Anyway I am trying to figure out the best way to sell it.

I bought it from kellyco and they gave me a bunch of stuff... shovels, knee pads, a smaller handheld detector etc for free that I want to go with the detector.

Anyway, seeing as I'm sure someone here would be interested am I allowed to list on here somehow?

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Dec 2012
    MXT-PRO Sandshark
    12721 times
    Metal Detecting
    only if you are a Charter member
    Iím the only one of me, baby thatís the fun of me.. / brendon urie

DONíT TRUST WHITEY / Navin Johnson

EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT, EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE OK.
    ITS GONNA BE A GOOD GOOD LIFE, THATíS WHAT MY THERAPISTS SAY. / Bebe rexha

IF YOUíRE LOST AND ALONE, OR YOUíRE SINKING LIKE A STONE, CARRY ON / Fun

Charter Member
    us
    TerryrSoloman.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Tesoro Mojave -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    21982 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I'll give you $50.00 for it.

Sep 2015
    1 times
    Terry,

Sold.

Charter Member? Seeing as I am not one of those I guess Ebay??

What do you think I should list it for? I think I spent like $2500. $1500? What is a fair asking price?

I don't really care to wait for the best price I can get.

Dec 2012
    MXT-PRO Sandshark
    12721 times
    Metal Detecting
    or you could spend $20 to become one and sell it here

Sep 2015
    1 times
    Oh gotcha... I thought it based on tenure or amount of posts like other forums... I will do that now. Thanks for the feedback.

Thoughts on a fair asking price??
    Peyton Manning likes this.

Sep 2015
    1 times
    Ok now how do I sell it?? Just post a new thread?

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29108 times
    Post a thread in our classified forum in sub forum treasure related for sale
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Mar 2014
    35 times
    For some reason, on the MD forums, you need to either pay tribute to the site and let them wet their beak, or you need to have hundreds of posts to sell a detector. No other hobby has a forum lockdown like MDing does on private sales of detectors.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29108 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    For some reason, on the MD forums, you need to either pay tribute to the site and let them wet their beak, or you need to have hundreds of posts to sell a detector. No other hobby has a forum lockdown like MDing does on private sales of detectors.
    There is a reason why we do things.......We now require sellers to be charter members because when selling was open to all members we were having too many bad deals by people stopping in to sell then skipping out once paid.......

us
    Just Some YouTube Dude

Feb 2015
    Central California
    Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
    1813 times
    Nothing could be farther from the truth. Many forums I am a member of make the user either reach a certain post count and/or pay to unlock privileges. Computer forums...auto forums...electronics forums....I could go on for quite a while.

Mar 2014
    35 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    There is a reason why we do things.......We now require sellers to be charter members because when selling was open to all members we were having too many bad deals by people stopping in to sell then skipping out once paid.......
    Help me understand what you're saying - Do you mean:

People were coming here to sell detectors but not participating in the forum?

People were coming here to sell, getting paid first by members, and not delivering?

Other?

us
    Just Some YouTube Dude

Feb 2015
    Central California
    Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
    1813 times
    I believe he is saying that people would register just to sell then not participate in the forums. Ebay and Craigslist would be more suitable for that. This is a forum that is made for participation not hit and runs to make a buck.

I am sure there were plenty of people not getting paid or not delivering as well....although I cannot be 100% sure I will assume it has happened once or twice.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    29108 times
    Help me understand what you're saying - Do you mean:

People were coming here to sell detectors but not participating in the forum?

People were coming here to sell, getting paid first by members, and not delivering?

Other?
    Exactly..
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Mar 2014
    35 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHunterGT View Post
    I believe he is saying that people would register just to sell then not participate in the forums. Ebay and Craigslist would be more suitable for that. This is a forum that is made for participation not hit and runs to make a buck.
    Ebay takes an account to make work (to sell), and CL doesn't reach people specific to any given hobby. Personally (just my opinion), I think it does a disservice to members to cut them off from buying and selling freely. it's not up to any site (again, just one guys opinion here) to broker or moderate any legal transaction between consenting adults. Obviously it's TN's site and they make the rules. I respect that, again just throwing out my opinion on the matter which is just that - my opinion.

If the mods were open to any sort of compromise (theoretically speaking), they could make a rule that sales are allowed if face to face and local. That would eliminate a large swath of any potential fraud of members. The other notion that not being an active, regularly participating forum member is some how detrimental is silly. When I was looking to purchase, I would have welcomed having more options to buy, even if at my own risk. As a buyer, I certainly don't need a forum as a buffer and moderator to my own judgement regarding buying from an online ad. Again, just my 2c and in no way meant as an insult to the site, it's rules or it's mods.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links