Great magnifying glass for coins.

cruiserkev

Jan 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I use a 10x magnifier I bought at Hobby Lobby for $9. It has a bright led light and folds up small. Works great for coin dating and finding mint marks. Always carry it with me detecting since my eyesight is not what it used to be anymore. No issues after 2 years of use. Good luck! :thumbsup:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
check Ebay they have a lot of styles and some with lights. I have bought a couple and have no problems with them. You can get them for under $5 and that will include the shipping.

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depending on your eyes and how much detail you want to see, I use a 2x that is 1 1/4 inches in diameter is quick and easy, and lets me view dates which my eyes have a hard time seeing anymore except in bright sunlight, also comes in a case it slides in and out of and goes well in a pocket. For more detail, like double dies, die cracks and such, a 10 - 16 x loupe is necessary. I was nearsighted till about 45 which changed to farsighted, and just seems to increase every year. Things several hundred yards away are now easy to see, but up close it becomes a nightmare without glasses or a magnifier.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest: