Prospector Shot on his own land - trying to mow!

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Back story is that this guy is dealing dope behind my property. His aunt used to own my land; After we moved here he claims that this is his family's land, and we need to go. We chose this piece of property because it had potential as a place to enjoy our Treasure hunting hobbies; Other friends from Treasurenet have been here prospecting with us too. (No luck yet but we're still prospecting-The druggy SOB don't like that for some reason) Last week the same man coaught my daughter and I in our front yard and said he was looking at a dead woman, etc, then later that day came up on me while getting things out of my car and did it again!, Then Yesterday he almost ran over my daughter and I on our property - he was within 1-2 inches of me and she was directly in front of me. No words were exchanged, he just tried to run us down! Until he shot my husband, my husband didn't feel his threats were anything but intimidation. I however did and called the police and made reports when they happened.

A while back some friends were here metal detecting and two were stopped on our property by a member of that family wanting to know what he was doing... I am thankful that the SOB didn't hurt him, or his grandson then. This has moved way past harassment, and intimidation. The SOB tried to MURDER my husband.

There is no self-defense claim for that THUG; he shot my husband without my husband even knowing he was there! My husband heard the woman shout to the perp where to shoot, and the SOB Shot at him multiple times while he was on his lawn mower! A sneak attack from a distance behind you, is not in any way even an escelated confrontation, there is no self defense in shooting an elderly man on a mower! That SOB shot my husband in cold blood without provocation or right! The Oconee County, SC Sheriff needs to do his damn job! My husband was driving the mower away from the danger, and the ******* kept shooting at least until he hit his intended target! If that isn't pre-meditaded attempted murder NOTHING IS!

I did notify the news, and they said the Information officer said it was under investigation so - no comment. After NBC called the investigator did come back, and did go back to the scene, and went to question the perp... He hasn't taken him in for questiong and no warrants, or search warrants have been executed. The SOB is still behind my home, and we are still in danger!

WE BOUGHT IT, WE OWN IT, WE LIVE HERE! We rockhound, metal detect and prospect on our property. So for the offensive statement from Sandman23 "grow up little one".

Sorry if I seem a little touchy. My husband has a bullet in him, and this ******* hasn't even been taken in for questioning???? Something is very fishy about this!

The THUG's arrest record is very lengthy. He is a career criminal. We are stuck! We bought it, We moved here.

Long arrest record? Career criminal? The if any of the convictions were felony's....He can not even possess a gun!
I think the State Police would investigate this right now.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way, if your local law enforcement isn't doing the job (incompetent or on the take), you can go to the state police and file a complaint about this individual.

OP
OP
F

Floristweb

Feb 21, 2015
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Long arrest record? Career criminal? The if any of the convictions were felony's....He can not even possess a gun!
I think the State Police would investigate this right now.

I called SLED today. They said that they won't get involved unless the sheriff requests them to. They said I could complain to the Local Sheriff's Office Internal Affairs Officer. I will be in contact with elected officials, i.e, Govorner's office, and the attorney general's office, as well as, the Media if need be. Something Fishy about all this.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Floristweb, did the LE come to hospital to take report

NC1

Greenie
Sep 5, 2015
Laurinburg, NC
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If nothing is done to your satisfaction in a timely fashion, a call to your local U.S. Marshal may speed things up a bit.

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Seems like a very strange situation. Why would the police not make an arrest for assault with a deadly weapon? Even if they didn't arrest him on that charge it seems they would arrest him on assault charges at a minimum. Is it still an active investigation? Maybe they aren't done with the investigation and will put a warrant out for this guy's arrest soon.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
ya i was thinking that the investigation wasnt complete yet
and a holiday wkd could be the judge is out of town,and need
another for search and arrest warrants, no other witness,other
than your husband and the woman that was saying over there
prob makes the
investigation go slower too

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If something isn't done soon, I would contact the FBI. Document everything, get photos police reports etc. Then get a lawyer and sue for damages.

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"The THUG's arrest record is very lengthy. He is a career criminal."

There's a reason he's walking the streets because he's a snitch/rat/informer for somebody higher up the chain of command. He pulls crap because he knows that he has something that the enforcement wants so they let him walk. It stinks even if this isn't a possible reason and I can fully understand the utter frustration of how a scum bag air robber can still be walking the streets.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Personally, I would contact the County's Distrist Attorney and ask for assistance in filing a complaint against the shooter for the threat and shooting. And I would be armed 100% of the time I was home and have an armed spotter or two to assist with finishing the mowing . . . tomorrow.

So, these woodchucks have access to their spot via your property, or are they are on your property? I'd have a length of 3/8" chain across the access road and likely a log or rip-rap stones blocking it as needed.

And if they were in a trailer it wouldn't last on my property very long.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
General Discussion....I think you can talk about anything....How about it TH??
Although while it's not a good thing your Husband was shot and I hope everything turns out o.k. for YOU, But WHY / WHEN did T-net become this " air my biz for all to see " when said Biz has NOTHING to do with M.D.??

I'm just saying with all the tweeter-ing and facebook-ing and everything else, I come on here to see what people have found not who said this or that!!!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
General Discussion....I think you can talk about anything....How about it TH??

General Discussion is for discussing anything that has to do with
Treasure Hunting of any type , The Forum, And The members within reason.
(I don't want to read about cures for Hemorrhoids or a bad date in General Discussion)

I see nothing wrong with this post other then the Bloody picture ,
Which I hope the OP understands Why I edited it.

Last edited:

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Officers did interview my husband at the hospital.

ok now you can speed it up a bit, let the Oconee County, SC Sheriff dept.
know your lawyer will be needing a report, for your civil lawsuit, for damages
to you and your husbands, body, property, hospital bill, ect.

if the guy was to confront me on or off my property after such an incident self
defense, stand your ground, whatever they called it there, would now come into play

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, they dearly love taking down corrupt local leo

Exactly :thumbsup:
Just tell them you feel Your rights are being ignored in favor or the other person Involved.
and explain.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread