DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have you checked in the General Discussion - By Location forum for other guys in Maine? I know there are a couple who post on TNet. You might try to send them a PM.

Have fun.

DCMatt

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
Hi! All the beaches are right there in Southern Maine. York beaches(long & short sands), have metered parking and lots of sand to detect. Ogunquit, Moody & Wells beaches, have lots of sand & some free parking if you look around. They also have trolley cars that can take you for a small fee. Kennebunk Beaches were ripped up pretty bad during last storm, so I don't know about access. All the beaches in Maine had some damage from the storm. Ocean Park, Old Orchard, Saco/Scarborough beaches are great, with lots of sand, but again, parking may have a fee attached, some are cheaper if willing to walk a block or so. Most of the above beaches also have big lots were you can pay to park right at the beaches. In the evenings, I used to put the Off on, because of the no-seeums. Sometimes the sandfleas would drive people off. York beach was good because people had to bring plenty of quarters onto the beach with them to feed the meters. They send there kids up to fill it. I found many quarters in the sand below the meters. Some spots have take-outs along the sand.

Good luck!.......Have fun in my old stomping grounds!........HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread