How Do you go about finding owner of land if theres no land information on it?

kitt

Sep 1, 2012
Brookings Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was google mapping this area where the Indians once lived but now is mostly all super rich peoples houses. Then I noticed at the top of the hill a 300 yards north is a big empty lot where you can see an outline of a house and garage. When I was a kid and we would drive by, It just looked like a field covered in brush trees, !8 years later. This lot is huge, but I drove by and didnt see any info on it. I dont exactly want to go in with out permission. The only thing holding me back is Lunch in the oven right now lol.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go to that counties auditor site. Many have a map that that you can zoom in on and select the property, it will show where the tax bill is sent and to whom it is sent.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What he said. Assuming you're in the US - my county has a "GIS" link on their website that allows you to find owners and property value (and also has aerial shots with the borders marked - very handy!)

If you don't have that . . . you may have to go make nice with the municipal tax assessor's office. If they deny you - tell them you want to FOIL it. (Freedom of Information Act)

OP
OP
K

kitt

Sep 1, 2012
Brookings Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thing I have found the address, I have found that its for sale through an agency. How would I find the owner to ask if I can detect this place? I want to dig under the apple tree!!

OP
OP
K

kitt

Sep 1, 2012
Brookings Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found called the tax office and they gave me a name and mailing address. So I looked on facebook and now im able to contact them. They still live locally so im hoping they will let me do some detecting

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
kitt I take it that you do not like any of our comments. Hitting the like button is free.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread