Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Loco-Digger
  • 1 Post By Charlie P. (NY)
  • 2 Post By kingskid1611

Thread: How Do you go about finding owner of land if theres no land information on it?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Sep 2012
    Brookings Oregon
    42 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

How Do you go about finding owner of land if theres no land information on it?

I was google mapping this area where the Indians once lived but now is mostly all super rich peoples houses. Then I noticed at the top of the hill a 300 yards north is a big empty lot where you can see an outline of a house and garage. When I was a kid and we would drive by, It just looked like a field covered in brush trees, !8 years later. This lot is huge, but I drove by and didnt see any info on it. I dont exactly want to go in with out permission. The only thing holding me back is Lunch in the oven right now lol.

Charter Member
    us
    Coin Rescue Tech

Jun 2014
    Northern O-H-I-O
    F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & an F2 (loaner)
    16941 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Go to that counties auditor site. Many have a map that that you can zoom in on and select the property, it will show where the tax bill is sent and to whom it is sent.
    Sandman and Charlie P. (NY) like this.
    Rescuing Coins 1 Beep at a time

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    11389 times
    Metal Detecting
    What he said. Assuming you're in the US - my county has a "GIS" link on their website that allows you to find owners and property value (and also has aerial shots with the borders marked - very handy!)

If you don't have that . . . you may have to go make nice with the municipal tax assessor's office. If they deny you - tell them you want to FOIL it. (Freedom of Information Act)
    Loco-Digger likes this.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    10029 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    kitt, what state do you live in ?

Sep 2012
    Brookings Oregon
    42 times
    I thing I have found the address, I have found that its for sale through an agency. How would I find the owner to ask if I can detect this place? I want to dig under the apple tree!!

Sep 2012
    Brookings Oregon
    42 times
    curry county oregon

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2015
    Oklahoma
    5380 times
    Don't dig under the apple tree with anyone else but me.....I couldn't resist.
    Loco-Digger and Rustic like this.
    Tell me and I'll forget. Show me, and I may not remember. Involve me, and I'll understand. - Tribe Unknown. Those that lie down with dogs, get up with fleas. - Blackfoot

us
    Mar 2012
    Spring TX
    CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
    950 times

Sep 2012
    Brookings Oregon
    42 times
    I found called the tax office and they gave me a name and mailing address. So I looked on facebook and now im able to contact them. They still live locally so im hoping they will let me do some detecting

us
    Detector Collector

May 2015
    Madison, MS
    Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
    2229 times
    I mainly coin shoot, but I also enjoy relic hunting and shallow ocean hunting.
    Good Luck!
    Clad - 2 dollars, 274 quarters, 282 dimes, 115 nickels, 787 pennies, 1 foreign
    Older - 1 Barber Half, 1 Walker, 1 Franklin, 1 Seated Qtr, 1 Barber Qtr, 5 Washington, 4 Barber Dimes, 12 Mercs, 13 Rosies
    1 CB Half Dime, 1 Shield, 3 Vs, 8 Buffalos, 4 War Nickels, 10 IHPs, 137 Wheats, 1803 Half Real
    Relics - 1 3-Ringer, 1 Round Ball, Silver fork, 3 pocket knives, Gem Micromatic razor, small compact, Silver bib clip, Silver brush, skeleton key
    Jewelry - 2 Gold rings, 2 Silver rings, Silver bracelet, Silver earring, 3 Silver charms, lady's watch

Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.

Captain Caveman

Charter Member
    us
    Coin Rescue Tech

Jun 2014
    Northern O-H-I-O
    F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & an F2 (loaner)
    16941 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    kitt I take it that you do not like any of our comments. Hitting the like button is free.
    Rescuing Coins 1 Beep at a time

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links