jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Naturally since the show Starts tonight the Whole Series was filmed last year.
and just like Ship Wreck Treasures, a Large Discovery like this would have hit the News.

& No Discovery would not Hide it till they air it, Because they would get 10 times the Audience
if it was on the News a Treasure Was Discovered .
So if your tuning in for a Treasure Find Forget it.
If your tuning in for the History & excitement of the Hunt .
then Watch

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tuned in....first 3 mins and already like it better than The Knights Templer's

recording, but I won't start watching for another 30 Minutes so I can ff through the Commercials

Juice in the hole

Mar 22, 2014
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely sponsored by Fisher. That or they got a great deal on F75 LTD's.

It's okay so far. Some parts seem scripted...already. A fight of sorts is coming up apparently. Got to have some drama/conflict.

I prefer Diggers and will put up with their antics. Will keep watching for the history lesson. That and the gold may have came right through here. Maybe even on our farm given the roads from the day.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More contrived garbage tv, just like the oak island show. I gave it a shot, and now I'm done.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
As the Civil War came to an end in 1865, Confederate President Jefferson Davis fled Richmond, VA with the contents of the Confederate treasury - an estimated $20 million worth of gold and silver by today's value. Six weeks later, Davis was captured, but the treasure had vanished. REBEL GOLD is an all-new series that follows an experienced group treasure hunters as they join forces to retrace Jefferson Davis' trail and search for clues that could lead them to the legendary treasure.

With new evidence, the group will go off the beaten path to dig deep into American history and local legend to find out what really happened to the missing REBEL GOLD. Produced by ITV Studios America, REBEL GOLD premieres tonight, Sept. 15 at 10pm ET/PT on the Discovery Channel.

Discovery Premieres New Original Series REBEL GOLD Tonight
Wonder if they will get to go to Yulee's Cottonwood Plantation in Archer, Florida, where Davis's brother-in-laws transported his belonging and part of the CSA Treasury, where two chests were buried by Yulee's 15 yo son and a Florida CSA Lt, or the part of the CSA Treasury that traveled through Ocala/Silver Springs during Benjamin, Breckinridge, and Wood escape from the Union.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
legally speaking wouldn't any CSA GOVT OWNED GOLD / SILVER OR OTHER ASSETS ..due to the surrender to the CSA govt to the USA govt ---be USA GOVT PROPERTY DUR TO "WAR DAMAGES" owed by the CSA govt ? IF SO what use iis finding USA GOVT OWNED FUNDS ...AS THE USA GOVT WILL JUST CLAIM IT --WITH NO REWARD PAID AS ITS "US GOVT FUNDS'

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought it a bit amusing that a show concerning CW treasures would continually show Saint Gaudens 20 Dollar coins and Morgan Dollars and Buffalo nickles as their repeated screen shot between filmings. My wife kept hittin me with a pillow for "finding fault":laughing7: But yes, how could I resist watching...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not like the Fake drama, But the Search is Cool.
Some nice Bottles & coins so Far :thumbsup:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I enjoyed the program, but I have one question. With no food or decent clothing for the Army of Virginia, where did the south get $22 million dollars?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
legally speaking wouldn't any CSA GOVT OWNED GOLD / SILVER OR OTHER ASSETS ..due to the surrender to the CSA govt to the USA govt ---be USA GOVT PROPERTY DUR TO "WAR DAMAGES" owed by the CSA govt ? IF SO what use iis finding USA GOVT OWNED FUNDS ...AS THE USA GOVT WILL JUST CLAIM IT --WITH NO REWARD PAID AS ITS "US GOVT FUNDS'
That is true, it was terms of the surrender just as the US Government was not responsible for CSA debts.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I enjoyed the program, but I have one question. With no food or decent clothing for the Army of Virginia, where did the south get $22 million dollars?
That was the amount the CSA began , from the seized New Orleans and Charlotte mint, what was secured from Dalonega, Richmond banks, etc, but most was from loans from England and France secured by future cotton sales.That is the reason Judah P Benjamin set up the Blockade runner routes.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other

By NOT supplying The Army of Virginia with food and decent clothing. :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread