REBEL GOLD- ON TV TONIGHT

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounded like a long shot to think the silver was buried in the walls of the mansion. With the Union troops burning everything down, the mansion would not be a smart decision by ANY stretch of the imagination. They mentioned a possible idea about being buried in the cemetery in a Union soldier's grave, that would sound like a good plan as nobody would desecrate the grave of a fallen, fellow soldier. Like Snake Island, ( but without the PLEASANT distraction ), it is interesting to watch all the attitudes. It was corny when they found that dime and then said " This has to be the spot". I won't tell them how many dimes I found in my backyard and I KNOW it isn't the spot. :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounded like a long shot to think the silver was buried in the walls of the mansion. With the Union troops burning everything down, the mansion would not be a smart decision by ANY stretch of the imagination. They mentioned a possible idea about being buried in the cemetery in a Union soldier's grave, that would sound like a good plan as nobody would desecrate the grave of a fallen, fellow soldier. Like Snake Island, ( but without the PLEASANT distraction ), it is interesting to watch all the attitudes. It was corny when they found that dime and then said " This has to be the spot". I won't tell them how many dimes I found in my backyard and I KNOW it isn't the spot. :laughing7:

Same with The Bottles.
Just because they hit the right age Doesn't mean they hit the right spot :tongue3:

JOe L

Aug 24, 2007
Colonie, NY , That's around Albany
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Break out the backhoe, BOOM Baby
I know I love that, I always travel with my Backhoe, don't you.

Some interesting history presented, other than that I feel its allot of script.
It has my eye,,,, as of now. Its when it gets (more) corny that, I'm done

alldugup

Sep 3, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I enjoyed watching it. Drama " I guess " is just part of tv. But I'll watch just to see any history being found, even if its an old penny. That's what make's this hobby so fantastic to me.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoyed watching it. Drama " I guess " is just part of tv. But I'll watch just to see any history being found, even if its an old penny. That's what make's this hobby so fantastic to me.

Egg-Zak-lee !

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely sponsored by Fisher. That or they got a great deal on F75 LTD's.

It's okay so far. Some parts seem scripted...already. A fight of sorts is coming up apparently. Got to have some drama/conflict.

I prefer Diggers and will put up with their antics. Will keep watching for the history lesson. That and the gold may have came right through here. Maybe even on our farm given the roads from the day.

Mike Scott is with Fisher and is behind the team that wins the Grand National Relic hunt. I would say Fisher sponsors the show. What's funny is watching guys get excited when Garrett sponsoring Diggers gets brought up. You know good and we'll they are. I noticed on the new show they blurred a Chevy emblem but not Teknetics on one of their shirts.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Mike Scott is with Fisher and is behind the team that wins the Grand National Relic hunt. I would say Fisher sponsors the show. What's funny is watching guys get excited when Garrett sponsoring Diggers gets brought up. You know good and we'll they are. I noticed on the new show they blurred a Chevy emblem but not Teknetics on one of their shirts.

At first, I thought the camera just caught a reflection that zeroed out the Chevy emblem, then when it happened again I knew it was intentional. I was watching to see what they would do with the Jeep name, but they never showed it. Seemed a little petty to blank it out, and is probably a first ?

JOe L

Aug 24, 2007
Colonie, NY , That's around Albany
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At first, I thought the camera just caught a reflection that zeroed out the Chevy emblem, then when it happened again I knew it was intentional. I was watching to see what they would do with the Jeep name, but they never showed it. Seemed a little petty to blank it out, and is probably a first ?

did they advertise Ford or other Vehicles during the Show ?
I don't watch commercials, But My guess they need to Block out Competitive
advertising when possible.
It is also incentive for large corporations to throw some money their way,
if they want it revealed.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
if you show a "product" branded named item ** "{say a "chevy" truck logo }--- the company can actually ask for a "royality" fee ---unless you ask for and receive ahead of time a "release" from them to use it in their show --or charge them with their "ok" a placement fee -- for "advertising" their product in "your" show ....

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I watched the 1st one and liked the history, hated the fake drama and hated that they kept showing coins that were not period coins. Saint Gaudens 20 Dollar gold coins and Buffalo nickels. If they cant even get this right, its hard for the show to have any credibility. I will watch it if nothing else is on...

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoyed the first episode. Pete is a friend of mine and a good guy who has found a lot civil war relics.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread