pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The sad part of immigration into the country is that many educated people and that are working in another country doest give them a free ticket into the country. The standards are not the same standards that are set in Canada and one will have to meet these before working in the said trade or field. So we have thousands of foreign professionals which include Drs, lawyers, and trades that drive cabs, serve coffee, and do manual labour.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anthony - I heard the housing is cheap up that way, I found this for only $130,000 and it's a 2 bedroom!!

igloocol4.jpg

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya, that house is just down the road from me here in Winnipeg.
If you want a really, really, really, warmer climate, then move to Minnesota....
It's soooooo much warmer than here! :laughing7:

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am an electrician and want to immigrate to Canada. I heard it helps your chances a lot if you have a job in advance. Any suggestions for where to look for jobs?

Welcome to TreasureNet. Often times confused with ElectricianNet, JobseekerNet, ImmigrationNet and CanadaNet. :occasion14:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Should be a wide open market. I think electricity is still pretty much a novelty in Canadia.

Check whgat is required for licensing in your field. Home wiring? HVAC? Master's License? (or their equivalent).

See the site below for a place to start.

Electrical Jobs in Canada | Work in Canada | Moving to Canada

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wonder if you must be able to sing "O CANADA" to get citizenship there..

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Back a number of years ago I was considering immigrating myself. Hired an attorney, lucky to get 3/4 of my money back. The economy here collapsed and there really wasn't anything there for me. Got a couple of books if you want them, would just clear my shelving space.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not gonna comment...prolly get banned

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya, that house is just down the road from me here in Winnipeg.
If you want a really, really, really, warmer climate, then move to Minnesota....
It's soooooo much warmer than here! :laughing7:

Our houses are a bit more modern in Minnesota then in Canada, we actually have wooden doors on ours.

igloo-village2.jpg :thumbsup:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please keep political comments confined to our politics forum found under charter members..

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I here Canada has a good boarder control, they keep all the southern riff raff out.:laughing7: And the fishing I believe is brilliant.

SS

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two ways to get in. Get a Canada company to hire you or get a US company with Canada locations to hire you. Either way, hit the net and job search sites in the US and Canada looking for work in your line. Or I suppose you could go to Canada as a visitor and job search from there but you might run out of time before you find something.

A warning for you though, if you have ANY kind of a record, including DWI or misdemeanors you will not be allowed into the country even as a visitor without going through a lengthy "rehab" paperwork process. I worked for a major construction company and had a 55 year old professional who had a DWI at 18, and it took five months to get him cleared to work at our Canada office.

HD Paulie

Sep 20, 2015
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Minelab Etrac
Fisher CZ-6
Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is work here in Canada, especially Ontario. The work is for skilled trades such as the one you have. Unfortunately, if you have a valid electricians license from out of country, our Ministry looks at that, as not having one at all! So, the procedure here is to provide proof of qualification along with 5yrs of industry specific work. You can find the answers here from the Ministry web site https://www.ecao.org/Faq.asp?categoryId=8#193.

We are in desperate need of machinists, tool and die makers, CNC machine programers etc. Canada has a bad habit of taking in people from other countries who don't like to work! They feed off the people who work their a**es off, just to make ends meet. We don't need any refugees from Syria, or welfare employees!! We live in a beautiful country, that has amazing natural resources (fishing, hunting)! Canada is VERY large, for example...the distance from Niagara Falls, Ontario (right beside Buffalo, NY) to Miami Beach FL, is equivalent to going from Niagara Falls, Ontario, to Thunder Bay, Ontario (you haven't even left one province yet and we have 7 more lol)!! So you can get a little idea of just how big Canada is. Here in Ontario, our cottage country in the Muskoka's is home to many U.S. celebrities, and millionaires. They often refer to Canada as "God's country". If you head up to the Muskoka's in the summer, you will often see these hollywood celebrities walking about downtown. They love us here, as we don't give them any special attention, and we leave them about their business. One in particular I ran into while fishing, was Tom Selleck. He came over in his boat (was solo), and asked "whats the bass biting on this morning", so I told him and we made small talk, and off he went. Later in the week I seen him in town, and he approached me and thanked me for the advice, and went along his business. Super nice guy and a gentleman!

Hope this helps!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There is work here in Canada, especially Ontario. The work is for skilled trades such as the one you have. Unfortunately, if you have a valid electricians license from out of country, our Ministry looks at that, as not having one at all! So, the procedure here is to provide proof of qualification along with 5yrs of industry specific work. You can find the answers here from the Ministry web site https://www.ecao.org/Faq.asp?categoryId=8#193.

We are in desperate need of machinists, tool and die makers, CNC machine programers etc. Canada has a bad habit of taking in people from other countries who don't like to work! They feed off the people who work their a**es off, just to make ends meet. We don't need any refugees from Syria, or welfare employees!! We live in a beautiful country, that has amazing natural resources (fishing, hunting)! Canada is VERY large, for example...the distance from Niagara Falls, Ontario (right beside Buffalo, NY) to Miami Beach FL, is equivalent to going from Niagara Falls, Ontario, to Thunder Bay, Ontario (you haven't even left one province yet and we have 7 more lol)!! So you can get a little idea of just how big Canada is. Here in Ontario, our cottage country in the Muskoka's is home to many U.S. celebrities, and millionaires. They often refer to Canada as "God's country". If you head up to the Muskoka's in the summer, you will often see these hollywood celebrities walking about downtown. They love us here, as we don't give them any special attention, and we leave them about their business. One in particular I ran into while fishing, was Tom Selleck. He came over in his boat (was solo), and asked "whats the bass biting on this morning", so I told him and we made small talk, and off he went. Later in the week I seen him in town, and he approached me and thanked me for the advice, and went along his business. Super nice guy and a gentleman!

Hope this helps!!

After doing 25 in the Big Smoke and have spoken to many that have immigrated to Canada with the skills that would have them in the same class set as middle to upper class if they'd be able to ply their trade here. The examples of are endless of what they are experienced in, and what types of jobs they're able to obtain once they're allowed to work in the country and it doesn't come even close. The wait times for a work permits are delayed so they have to wait, and that puts a burden on the sponsor or the system. A pharmacist with 25 yrs of experience can't be even hired as an assistant under the present guidelines, but take a 33 week collage program and you're in like Flynn.

Lake Rosseau the playground for the rich and famous. :)

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You will never be accepted as Canadian, you'll always be a "yank". Don't bother! I tried to get work as a software engineer when my wife (who was Canadian) wanted to move back to Canada. I was routinely brushed off because I was an American...I was even told I was "lying" on my resume because I had "too much experience". Mkaaaay. After a year of trying I did finally get some work as a commercial diver because fortunately I was also a very experienced diver (deep, mixed gas cave diving), that was some fun work and they were good guys. I really enjoyed that job even though it wasn't enough $ to survive and we had to pull the plug on trying to stay in Canada.

I was happy to be back in FL when it was all over, where the programming jobs are plentiful.

I had a good friend try to get me a job with his company which is a US company but comprised of all Canadians (he is also a Canadian)... His boss said to him that they did not want to hire Americans. Guess some things never change, and for a US company too.

Anyway good luck.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread