What is the best pin pointer??

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I use the Deteknix X-Pointer. I like it. It never falses and seems to pick up metal 2-3" away. I can offer no opinion on other pin pointers. And for full disclosure, I've only had my pin pointer since May.

MaxLee

Oct 6, 2015
USA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I was using for quite a long time Makro Pointer and I was really satisfied with it, really, but I was using it for quite a long time and it broke down, so I started using Garrett Pro-Pointer and now Im 100% satisfied with it :goldbar: :metaldetector: :coins: :icon_thumleft:

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've mentioned three good ones... Can't go wrong with any of them. Each has a unique feature or two... Pick the one that has the one you want. But don't forget the new Garrett Propointer II... It's improved and at a cheaper price point than the other three

Mell0w Sl0w

Sep 7, 2015
North GA
Detector(s) used
whites coinmaster pro, whites bulls eye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the whites bullseye trx and absolutely love it...the cover is replaceable and is advertised as being able to double as a digging tool...to me using a pinpointer as a backup shovel is counter intuitive. even if I can, do I really want to use a piece of precision electronics as a dirt pick? I think not.

it also, like others, has an LED light but its really pretty useless if your trying to use it for night detecting. If some company actually put a nice light on a pinpointer, I would be all over that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread