Either its too dry or too wet, but this is really wet.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Either it's too dry or too wet, but this is really wet.

This going to be a real soaker for the folks along the coastal Caroline areas, get the water proof detectors out!
A potentially historic rainfall event for the Carolinas has begun, with many locations set to receive between 1 and 2 feet of rain by early next week. An intense band of thunderstorms has set up across eastern NC and northeast SC, and cells are “training” northward through this N-S band, already leading to high rainfall totals. A station at North Myrtle Beach, SC, reported 8.03” in the 24 hours up through 6:24 pm EDT Friday. More than half of that amount (4.30”) fell during the last two hours of that period.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are getting lots of rain but nothing like you guys. Hope everyone stays safe. Will pray for all of you. Look at the bright side. This may pull out some long lost DEEP relics and bring new life to old hunting grounds. Be safe.

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found my best tokens after good soaking rains in an area where days before we had come up empty handed.

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a historic flood here in 1994 I found all kinds of artifacts. I was sorry to see the devastation but, there was some killer stuff washed out. Good luck and be safe!

Mell0w Sl0w

Sep 7, 2015
North GA
Detector(s) used
whites coinmaster pro, whites bulls eye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
deeper finds and easier digging! don't be afraid to get down and dirty!:tongue3:

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We are getting lots of rain but nothing like you guys. Hope everyone stays safe. Will pray for all of you. Look at the bright side. This may pull out some long lost DEEP relics and bring new life to old hunting grounds. Be safe.

Yes, but hopefully those new "hunting ground" relics won't be your own basement hot water heater from the metal-detecting comfort of a row boat!!
Here's hoping everyone stays SAFE and DRY. (Electricity would be nice too, if it's not too much to ask for.)

We lost power for 3-1/2 weeks in Hurricane Wilma.
Cooking out on the BBQ grille every night gets old quick - believe it or not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread