patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I may be opening up a can of worms but I am thinking about getting a new detector. I have a Whites 4000D that I got new back in the early 80's. So I really need a new machine. I am leaning toward the AT Pro but I really am open to suggestions. I am retired and can't really afford a top of the line $$$ job so I am looking at mid range priced machines.

gbpackrfan1990

Feb 2, 2012
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejan; Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love my tesoro Tejon, but I also have an AT pro, both are good machines. I am still learning the PRO

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lovin the atpro...great choice..lotta bang for the buck

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are going to get a ton of suggestions... Each one will have their favorite to suggest. :)

What I call the mid-price range has a couple of really capable machines.... You already mentioned the AT Pro, but don't forget the AT Gold too. Also in that range are the Teknetics T2 Classic, Makro Racer, and the Minelab X-Terra 705. Lots of choices... What type of hunting do you intend to do?

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The AT pro is a good detector. Many Tneter's use that rig. I looked online and see a Fisher F70 for $375. Are you in southern KY? There is also a F75SE with all the gear i.e. pinpointer, digging tool etc. for $750. , I also agree that the T2 new for $499 is the best bang for the buck if you're buying new.

mnixon

Apr 2, 2010
Austin TX
Detector(s) used
White Eagle Spectrum, AT pro
i think the at pro is going to be my next purchase . I use my bro-in laws sometimes and I can swing that detector all day long ...

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Whites MXT may be a good choice for you coming from the Old analog machines. MXT is simple to use and Deep. The only reason I would consider and ATpro over a Whites machine would be if I intended to hunt in fresh water deeper than a foot and would need something fully waterproof.

OP
OP
patiodadio

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are going to get a ton of suggestions... Each one will have their favorite to suggest. :)

What I call the mid-price range has a couple of really capable machines.... You already mentioned the AT Pro, but don't forget the AT Gold too. Also in that range are the Teknetics T2 Classic, Makro Racer, and the Minelab X-Terra 705. Lots of choices... What type of hunting do you intend to do?

I do a wide verity of hunting, parks, old house sites etc.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get the AT Pro. At least you know better than to get another Whites.

OP
OP
patiodadio

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have watched a few videos of the AT Pro and the Whites Deus. I must say the AT Pro looks way easer to use.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the at pro is one by one charming even the most"non garrett"folks when they actually go out and swing it.I love mine and have spent far more on others.I recomend you get the 5x8 coil for it.good luck

Patriot 1776

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Dec 9, 2014
MA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX and V3i, Garrett AT Pro , ACE 350, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I may be opening up a can of worms but I am thinking about getting a new detector. I have a Whites 4000D that I got new back in the early 80's. So I really need a new machine. I am leaning toward the AT Pro but I really am open to suggestions. I am retired and can't really afford a top of the line $$$ job so I am looking at mid range priced machines.

The AT-Pro is a great detector, I have all brands and use almost everything.
I have been using my AT-Pro alot and love it great coinshooting machine
call me if you need any help
dennis

Metal Detectors - View Blog

Metal Detectors - View Blog

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I've have found more gold and silver with the ATPro than any of my other detectors. That probably means that I haven't swung my others over any precious metals!

OP
OP
patiodadio

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just ordered the ATPro Diggers special from Kellyco. Big thanks to Treasure_Hunter and Chris at Kellyco !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread