Has any body here been to the crater of dimonds park?

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only researched the park. It's approximately 6 hours each way from where I go to college in Springfield. They've got camping areas there and you can take anything you want out there to dig with that doesn't have wheels or engines. You may want to bring out a lot of sunscreen and good hats for you and your fam because it's just big open fields where you're bound to get burnt. You can rent everything you'll need there at the park (i.e. buckets, shovels, gardening tools, sifting screens, etc.), but it may save you some money to bring your own stuff. Hope you're able to go out there though... I'm still trying to find the time to get out there myself.

HH,
Bran <><

OP
OP
S

sotex

Greenie
Mar 14, 2007
south texas
Detector(s) used
Whites v prizm /not sure about it yet.
I think it will be a good time.May have to drop a fake stone next to the wife so she thinks it was worth it.LOL

NWLouisianian

Greenie
Mar 1, 2007
NW Louisiana
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
My wife and i have actually been there a couple of times. Our house is only about 2 hours from the park. we went there back in March. no luck, but they sound a siren when someone finds a diamond and it went off twice while we were there. It is a fun place to go, but make sure you are wearing really old clothes and take your own digging utensils. Both times we went, all of their tools and sifters were rented out. Good luck and have fun!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread