Will start to detect an old beach resort soon....

detectingsteve

Greenie
Jun 24, 2012
Montague,Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350GTA for the dry,fisher 1280X with an 8"coil for the WET.........
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detecting Steve here......There is an old beach resort right down the road about 1/4 mile from my house.It opened in the late 40's,has been in and out of receivership for last couple years.Just last week,I seen a sign there,with the 'for sale' sign listing a name and number...I E mailed him,explaining I am a detectorist,and would like to secure permission to detect the grounds.I was expecting 'NOPE!',but...He answered me 'SURE,IT MIGHT BE INTERESTING,FINDING OUT WHAT's in there!!!'....8-)Place goes back to the late 1940's,it is eight acres,with cottages dating to the 50's standing untouched,2 firepits,horseshoes,volleyball etc...He also told me 'Back in those days,they had a trash pit they threw their trash in,'mostly bottles''!!!!...:laughing7:But,then he said 'PLEASE,NO BIG HOLES!',so I told him I will stay away from the trash dump,as holes will have to be dug to retrieve the bottles...I may start detecting there Saturday,I will keep you all updated....

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Steve,

Sound like a good site.....odds are the beach and area between the beach and cottages should have some goodies....good luck.

Regards + HH

Bill

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep us posted it sounds like an awesome place to hunt. I have one similar that I have hunted a little. It was a plethora of canslaw, garbage, shotgun and 22 shells. I only managed a few pieces of 80's clad. Good luck!

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should invite us all up for some fun.....Anyway that sounds exciting, like a treasure hunt. Let us see what you find, Congrats!

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recommend you hit the high percentage areas first...you been around long enuf to know what those are.Its the fluke finds that I think you may hit.Cover the non descript entrys and walkways.the parking etc.let us know...we rootin for you !!!!

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GL.
When I email ��, call, write, etc., for permission, I usually get hit with legality issues.
Congrats.
Please post your finds...
Peace ✌

Baja

Sep 9, 2015
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur ll -
Minelab CTX-3030 -
White's Spectra V3i -
w/ Sun Ray DX-1 probe -
Fisher F75 ProArc -
w/ Sun Ray Invader FX-1 probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Subscribed. Hoping your score some nice finds and please keep us updated!

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there Steve , Just eager to here more about your hunt ! Did you get to the old resort site as planned on Saturday ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread