Gold Panning in Arizona

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
looney not far from Prescott Valley there is a little strip of BLM with a little creek with color.
The paystreak is rather shallow. It used to be open to drive in but was fenced off last time I
was there. If it remains BLM just cross the bridge and walk down under it and start panning.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm pretty sure you are talking about Rose creek lastleg. That area is private land but the owners have allowed public access for hobby prospecting for years. It's a good place to get a little color.

Most of the easy access areas with gold are already claimed. You need to research what lands are open to prospecting before you go out. Prospecting another person's claim or private property is a big no no in the west. Stick to the public areas like Rose or Lynx creek until you learn to research land status.

Heavy Pans

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
I hoped looney would do due diligence in locating this creek. If you draw them a map they won't
have to work for it like I did. I seem to have misplaced my Arizona topos but will find out if it
was Rose. If not I will get my belt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread