Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would like to know what you HAVE to do before each hunt...or maybe during your hunt.

This applies to all treasure hunting... CRH, gold panning, metal detecting....whatever way you hunt for treasure.....

Do you have a certain routine that you must follow?
Are you unable to function without a good luck charm?
Will you do a candy-dance with fist pumps when nobody is around?

I have two...

As I kiss my wife goodbye, she says to me:

"Happy hunting, keep your coil to the soil, swing it low and swing it slow, and today's the day"

I wont leave till we share that moment.:laughing7:

Also, when I am on the hunt, and as soon as I realize I have found a silver coin, I will stop immediately, bounce my head, and hold up the rock and roll salute....exactly like this::headbang:

Would love to hear yours...

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No. That would be a bit obsessive/compulsive. In fact, a lot obsessive compulsive.

Though I ALWAYS leave my wife with a kiss and I tell her I love her. I've had a few friends that have "checked out" unexpectedly and I've had a few close calls, and I want our last words to be the right ones.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No voodoo or superstitions before prospecting/detecting. But I also do the wife thing...."Love you, see ya in a few". We say it before bed or before leaving anywhere.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I smoke a joint, call a hooker, and we share a bottle of red wine before hunting.
She has to carry the pinpointer, shovel, extra wine, the sun umbrella, and dig the targets.
Hey, at $200.00 an hour, I want my money's worth! :thumbsup:

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No rituals or traditions but I have come to the conclusion based on experience that the best days come from when I set out with NO expectations.

This is still not enough as bad weather, bugs biting, and pestilence from people can distract but when I tune them out and tune into my detector, then the good finds come.

My superstition would be Karma. Do things with integrity and the Universe will reward you.

I've hit it big at places I've gone over many times before with there only being one reason why......

Having a different attitude!

Cheers,
Dave.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I sneak out or leave the house without saying anything, usually.

Seems the goodies hear if I announce my intentions and hide too much deeper.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No superstitions, traditions or rituals here. Only paranoia of her running down the driveway after me at 5am screaming that the grass needs cut...
Without slowing down, I usually scream back, "yup, please have it done when I get back". ;)
Peace ✌

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sam - Get on the internet, tons of dating sites out there - I'm sure you can find yourself a little honey!!!

No rituals - I just go out to have fun and get some exercise........and it always works!!!! :thumbsup:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Honest Sam put yourself out there and you will find that beautiful little lady that you can treasure!
My routine with my family is "I'll see you later"!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish that I have a girlfriend or a wife to kiss.

Hmmm.. I have several ex-wives and girlfriends Sam, that I should have ignored and gone metal detecting! :occasion14:

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son serves in the United States Navy. He sent me a challenge coin, last year, for my birthday. I carry with me for luck.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't usually tell the wife I am going metal detector because she would just stop me. But I do kiss her goodbye.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your support and great comments. Yes, I must do more to find a great looking lady who is interesting in finding treasures in Connecticut.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Samuel it's most men's biggest dream to find a gal that will get down and dirty with him, but we usually end up with one that complains about the dirt we drag in.:laughing7:

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I still wear,to this day,the very first ring I ever found.....fit like a glove.its my good luck charm

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
It seems that in the last 20 years or so, that if and when I get out to metal detect, I usually leave with the expectation of finding nothing good and that is almost always the case! Maybe I am doing something wrong!:icon_scratch::dontknow:

Frank

Last edited:

greatwun

Feb 21, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro / Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I just let someone know where I will be going. I also write it down on a piece of paper and date it and leave it on my desk. I always do this before going hunting, fishing or hiking out into the wilderness.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread