THE FAKE OR SUSPECT FINDS THREAD - Post your FAKE OR SUSPECT find pics/story here...

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Started this thread as a "reference" thread...
A catalog so to speak... A "turn to" thread.
So we all may see and learn how to identify / spot "suspect" items for future reference.

Try to take good pics of marks if possible as to show other users "why" you thought what...
NO RAGGING HERE PLEASE...
SOME USERS ARE NOVICE OR WANT TO LEARN.

ANY ITEMS - Coins... jewelry... whatever... locks.... you name it.
IF its a fake... OR suspected of being a fake...
POST HERE !

ALL users are welcomed to post their comments and thoughts on ANY piece in this thread...
T-Net is loaded with knowledgeable users who are a "wealth" of knowledge... and encouraged to post comments/ theories here.

Anyway... Post away folks !
:)

PS> I will post some pics and stories as well...
Like the last 2 Tiffany and Co. pairs of earrings from a garage sale I just bought...
No wonder they were $1 a pair. heh

Last edited:

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have some I will post... I used to collect counterfeit coins. Everything from Trade Dollars to US Gold coins. I think I still have a nice 1877 Fake Indian Head Cent I bought for a genuine coin Ill post. That one hurt... :(

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please remember any picture or reference to any post or thread posted here will violate our rules.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please remember any picture or reference to any post or thread posted here will violate our rules.
:thumbsup:

TreasureNet - Real Or Fake?
It is NEVER appropriate or permissible, regardless of proof, to state or suggest in an open forum that another member's find may not be genuine— unless, of course, he has raised that possibility himself, or there is an obvious issue that cannot be disputed or ignored (for example, if the word "COPY" is clearly stamped on a coin)

you can Only post your Own Finds , unless for Example you are in the Ebay thread Discussing an Item for sale on ebay or other dealers site.

WARNING !! Do not Try to out another Member who has not asked for your opinion here !
it will not end well. If you are
*Wrong, you get banned. for publicly embarrassing a Member.
*right, you Both get banned. for publicly disrespecting the Forum rules.

if this is for a Friendly game between consenting members: Games and Contests,

Last edited:

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm really confused here - I "think" AARC is asking people to post PICs of items YOU yourself thought were real and found out they were fake or are still unsure. To help others for quick ID in the future and or get opinions. How is this breaking rules?

It is NEVER appropriate or permissible, regardless of proof, to state or suggest in an open forum that another member's find may not be genuine— unless, of course, he has raised that possibility himself, or there is an obvious issue that cannot be disputed or ignored (for example, if the word "COPY" is clearly stamped on a coin)

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm really confused here - I "think" AARC is asking people to post PICs of items YOU yourself thought were real and found out they were fake or are still unsure. To help others for quick ID in the future and or get opinions. How is this breaking rules?

That is correct.

Hmm... Maybe the word "suspect" should be removed then.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So ... Mods... The Verdict here ?
Can the Thread "live" or not ?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some ppl need a pat on the head and show off an item they say they found and the pat comes in t.he form of a Banner post. Everyone likes to be recognized for a lucky find. I know an old guy "older than me," that always shows me his nice ring he "just found." I let him tell his story as it make him happy.:coffee2:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as posts have Nothing to do with any posts, threads or finds found by any member here other than yourself I have no issue with thread.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just friendly warnings because we know when this thread goes to 2 pages, or more,
they will read the first post then respond. and odds are there,
someone is going
to use the thread as a Springboard to attack, a today's or banner find they are jealous of .
now Our Warnings are there Whether they notice them or not... poster beware :unhappysmiley:

Last edited:
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok... so just we are clear on a question I have...
IF a poster posts a post (:/ heh) And ASKS for an opinion as to the "authenticity" of an item in this thread...
Would responding with an opinion be "ok". ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all opinions are allowed, as long as the item posted here does not belong to a member on treasurenet other then the original poster/finder.

the person asking "is it a real find" assumes all responsibility.

example: if I were to post this

##indexzz.jpg
and ask if it is Real ?
I cannot Complain if some joker Says No

But If I post someone Else's Ring & ask if it is real
or did they really dig it up. It may be my Last post for awhile.

and If you Know I posted someone Else's Ring because it is on banner,
And say no, You are also going to be on Break.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ALRIGHT !!! LEts party !!!... fake stuff style.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just friendly warnings because we know when this thread goes to 2 pages, or more,
they will read the first post then respond. and odds are there,
someone is going
to use the thread as a Springboard to attack, a today's or banner find they are jealous of .
now Our Warnings are there Whether they notice them or not... poster beware :unhappysmiley:
X 2....

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all opinions are allowed, as long as the item posted here does not belong to a member on treasurenet other then the original poster/finder.

the person asking "is it a real find" assumes all responsibility.

example: if I were to post this

View attachment 1224382
and ask if it is Real ?
I cannot Complain if some Moron Says No

But If I post someone Else's Ring & ask if it is real
or did they really dig it up. It may be my Last post for awhile.

and If you Know I posted someone Else's Ring because it is on banner,
And say no, You are also going to be on Break.

You know Jeff... I think that is fake :P .... :) JK

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
plain and simple an attack is an attack.
and if We feel it is an attack..

Duck !

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it sounds like I created a thread that can be a pain in the Arse for you guys then...
Apologies...
I am not attached to this thread YET :P... you can sever the cord if you feel the desire to do so.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about if we post our own stuff and point out reasons why it is or we think it is fake, or just ask the general T Net population for their opinions?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about if we post our own stuff and point out reasons why it is or we think it is fake, or just ask the general T Net population for their opinions?
No issue there, it is the posting of other member's finds that would cross the line..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions