Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Premieres Mon Oct 26 at 9/8c

For over 400 years, the disappearance of 117 colonists from Roanoke Island has been America’s oldest mystery. Now, a mysterious stone inscription may lead to uncovering the truth. Expert stonemasons Jim and Bill Vieira team up with maverick archaeologist Fred Willard to investigate the mystery and find out what happened to the lost colony.

http://www.history.com/shows/roanoke-search-for-the-lost-colony

The Roanoke Island Colony: Lost, and Found?
colony-720.png

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/11/science/the-roanoke-colonists-lost-and-found.html

may be interesting if they don't blame it on Knights Templars :laughing7:

though I was Disappointed by this weeks Atlantis found. They didn't prove they found Atlantis in Santorini , just speculation. I need a Welcome to Atlantis sign !
besides Santorini is not beyond The Pillars of Hercules, unless your on the Wrong side
and you use a Big stretch of imagination

Last edited:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is kind of a creepy mystery Jeff - they just seem to have vanished . This kind of historical mystery would be handled better
with a documentary style like PBS would do - without all the goof balls that we see on Snake Island or Oak Island . They likely
won't do that because it would be a "One Off" rather than a series .

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hummm.

About 15 years ago I tried to do some research (in books) on Where his people came from .
He is Lumbee Indian & Hail from a place in NC 'Lumberton , in Robinson Co. Not far from the Coast.
Anyway the people , Indians are kind different Some have Blue Eye's Blond Hair, Some Brown Strait hair, & many have real dark Curly Hair & some have hair like an African Americans & skin color varies from light to dark.

Anyway the book I was reading stated that the "lost Colony" could have Hooked up with Fugitive or Freed Slaves , Native Americans & all mixed together to make the Lumbee's so Diverse.

That was long ago & I suppose DNA tests have been done Since then & there is more info out-there.
Just a theory.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My belief they could prove more by opening up the whole area to detectorists.
Problem is Archies will ask for Thousands of Dollars, Then sit back on their Butts in a tent while
a few Volunteers are told to dig a Small Square area within several hundred Square miles of Possible
locations :( then when the area proves empty they will cry poverty till they get more money to do it again.
may take hundreds if not thousands of years for them to cover everything and realize
if there was clues they rotted away before they got there.

I do look forward to the show :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread