Disturbing Finds when Detecting

John Winter

Aug 23, 2014
England
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
'Disturbing Finds' when Detecting

Most detectorists know that cows are extremely curious. They investigate everything, just like a cheeky gang of kids. Many's the time I have been intently probing a hole, intent on what I'm doing and oblivious to outside factors, only to stand up and realise that I am surrounded by these inquisitive animals.

READ MORE
?Disturbing Finds? when Detecting | johnwinter.net

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Try that here in Texas. We have some over aggressive cows here too. They're called longhorns and brahma bulls.

OP
OP
John Winter

John Winter

Aug 23, 2014
England
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try that here in Texas. We have some over aggressive cows here too. They're called longhorns and brahma bulls.
We detect in a different environment, but it's interesting to get another point of view. Thanks.

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As long as you don't rise up to see a inbred family standing around you!!!! Welcome to Appalachia!

Rustic

Jul 10, 2015
western MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Deer are super curious, too. Twice this fall I've looked up and found myself staring into the curious eyes of a deer. It happened with a buck two days ago. I was nervous he was actually going to attack, he was so close. But he just watched me, and then wandered off after a time. It's nice when they are not frightened, just relaxed and friendly.

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Could be worse...

I was working late at a remote facility one night and accidentally left the gate open.
The cows had to come "investigate" of course.

When it came time to leave, (being a "city-boy" and all that), I had NO CLUE how to get the cows out of the compound.

Then it hit me: Turn the lights off.
Which I did, and the cows gradually left.

So now, here's my big chance to make a run for the truck and lock the gate behind me.

OOPS - I forgot about the cow patties!!
And now I'm in the dark, no flashlight, in the middle of a mine-field full of the stinky stuff. :BangHead:

S

stefen

If you're standing, cows and bulls may become aggressive.

However, if you are sitting down or laying prone, both sexes are curious and will walk up to you.

Move suddenly upright, and you best be able to leap tall buildings, cus yur azz is grass....

scavanau

Jul 7, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
Ace-250, AT-Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would rather encounter cows than to realize I am now standing in some homeless person's living room. Even creepier when you spot them watching you from a distance.

Mell0w Sl0w

Sep 7, 2015
North GA
Detector(s) used
whites coinmaster pro, whites bulls eye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
still trying to teach my dog to dig my targets for me..............................:tongue3:

S

stefen

Could be

OOPS - I forgot about the cow patties!!

And now I'm in the dark, no flashlight, in the middle of a mine-field full of the stinky stuff. :BangHead:

Coulda been worse...you coulda tripped and did a face plant...

When I was about 7 or so, I walked into the milking parlor with a popsicle in my mouth and as I pulled it out and sucked the icy end, a cow took a sloppy crap and tail swished some onto the end I was sucking...

Nothings worse unless it was the time I was practicing with my whammo slingshot and hit a bull on the hangy-down thingy...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread