What about Permits...I need info please

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
My niece is very interested in getting involved in the hobby. She lives on Long Island New York. I believe I read in a post, not long ago, that some parks require permits. Is this true for all of New York, including Long Island? Or am I mistaken?

If a permit is required, where would she go to get such a thing?

Thanks in advance for your input.

;D

Ray S

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Ray, I answered this on another thread. Many areas have their own set of rules etc. She should check with the city clerks office or the police for information. The police would be the first place to check.

willie3960

May 29, 2006
Long Isliand N.Y.
Detector(s) used
DFX .MXT.
Hi ray. I live on long island an you need a permit to detect parks. N.Y. state park permit # is 631 669 1000. cost is 20$ a year they give you a list an maps to show you what parks you can detect. the only permit for suffolk county is a green key card 25$ good for 3 years. the state an county let you detect in a lot of parks with beach not to many inland. hope this helps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread