Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the 22 that much better than the 2 for coins and Jewelry?
Threshold fixed on the 2 and no on the whites and 22----------which is best? For coins and jewelry.
I'm still researching on what I need in my later years------------someone suggested a Tesoro Compadre?
Thanks for your replies

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would choose a detector that can be ground balanced, just in case you decide to hunt in a highly mineralized area. I used to swing the F4 (the F2's big brother) It had a preset GB in disc mode and falsed quite often. It did have a manual GB function that only worked in all metal mode. All three of your choices are starter level and all have a fixed ground balance. Out of theses if I had to choose, I'd get the F2 with the 11" DD coil. You may want a weatherproof detector, if so the F22 would be my choice. Personally in this price range I'd get the Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro. It will hit a quarter at 10" in all metal mode or at 8.5"if running in a preset mode or any discrimination. It comes with plenty of features and uses 1 9v battery. It's very light and competes well with detectors that are priced hundreds more. They range in price from $230 to over $400 depending on where you purchase it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread