Ideal machine, md of the future

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes the ideal md machine would be one of eliminate all junk, what the exact item in ground would be. How close are we for such an item or is there a md out there already. Is there a md that surpasses all in these categories now. We all have the name we are loyal to brand, but I remember when some people wouldn't buy Japanese car's just because. I would simply like to no we are not comparing Bentley vs ford all machine's should have very comparable electronics in today's world, what is the difference honestly in operation or electronics I mean come on, and of course the easy to operate may be a consideration also. This question is for operator's who have experience, whats your preference and importance to you, thankyou.

celtic fox

Nov 8, 2015
surrey uk
Detector(s) used
ctx3030 , deus lite , garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i think the technology has peaked , depth has pretty much stayed the same all they improved is the recovery speed /faster processor , they might come up with something new in the future

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One man's junk is another man's treasure.

Lots of the iron crap I leave behind might be something another hunter would do back flips over if it was from the 1860's in a different part of the U.S.

I bowhunt and use the bows from the 1960's and make my own wood arrows because I like the challenge. We may come back to that for metal detecting. How much thinking do you want a machine to do for you?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I've said it quite a number of times here, I'm hooked on the sounds. Me & my stable of gizmos, I just want to learn what they tell me with what their "interpretations" are. Scratchy gets scratched. A nice mellow tone gets dug, even if it is a tab - and I won't miss any gold that way. I think today's treasure hunters really shouldn't even look at the screens! But then that's me.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've said it quite a number of times here, I'm hooked on the sounds. Me & my stable of gizmos, I just want to learn what they tell me with what their "interpretations" are. Scratchy gets scratched. A nice mellow tone gets dug, even if it is a tab - and I won't miss any gold that way. I think today's treasure hunters really shouldn't even look at the screens! But then that's me.

my banner find was a scratchy 54 and I dug it anyways.all chains have been scratchy for me.As to the md question....I dont think I want the equipment to get any easier to use.Too many detectorists now,imagine if the challenge were removed,everywhere would be hoovered in short order.We would be confined to recent drops and the equipment we now have is fine for that.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I want one of these!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the CTX is about as close to what you are wanting that is currently available. Sometimes digging questionable "junk" is all the fun of it though!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread