Bounty Hunter LR Pro up from a Discovery 1100

TommyBoy58

Sep 19, 2015
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys first off I'm a land surveyor (and an author) so I wanted say those one inch iron pipes driven vertically are survey marks so please don't pull them or disturb them. If you do disturb them by all means don't put it back. Leave it horizontally on the ground as they are set with high precision and it is much better to have it gone than to be a few inches off. Thank you.

I used a discovery 1100 for about 7 years and loved it and thought what could be better. I found everything with it and my ear had heard the target so many times I knew instantly what a good target was and what was a pull tab. Nickels no problem. People would say you found that! with that! And they would say how do you know what the target is with no target ID? (the 1100 has 3 arrows, low, mid, high). My answer was, "I just do."

Well I knew because my brain had categorized (and ingrained) the subtle changes in tone because I dug so many targets over the years. I just simply knew. The target ID was in my brain, a subtle tone change I would call out the target and it was so. Believe it or not.

Now my brother has a high end "white's" though 20 years old and I got jealous of the "numbers game" and all the vids on you-tube so I just couldn't pass the chance to get into this game (and I love bounty hunters) for $250 bucks. I had to have the LR pro.

Moving up from 3 arrows for target ID's to this beautiful machine was breath taking. Well guess what? I hated it for the first 2 hours. Came really close to putting it in the car and grabbing my 1100 but my brother said to give it time bro. All the numbers and arcs and sounds coupled with the newer DD coil was just blowing my mind. It was sensory overload! I felt like I was holding on to a flashing Christmas tree in a lightning storm! I hated it.

Flash forward with 15 hours of use and guess what? I LOVE IT! I would never go back. I'm understanding the coil and the machine and everything is clicking. And yes i can tell a pull tab "38" from a nickel "34-35" almost every time. BS you say? I don't know maybe it's my brain categorizing the tones again but I'm not getting that 20-38 jump I'm seeing on the you-tube vids. I think its soil conditions myself. Maybe its just the way I use it I really don't know. I cant wait to get a couple hundred hours behind this baby because at this rate the possibilities are astronomical or at least it seems that way. I have a few vids myself on you tube, search "bounty hunter LR pro" you will see me at the beach. Listen to what I have to say about the machine.

Bottom line to me is: If you don't go to the good targets your not going to find good targets. I did some research on some maps and drove out to an old home site and found a "43" walking -half the first 30 min I owned the 1100. And if you dig every target above iron......don't make a hill of beans what detector you use (outside of depth of course). AND an expensive detector doesn't turn trash into valuables.......later, thanks for reading.

P.S. Do you love adventure? Of course you do so check out my novel on Amazon. I take you deep inside the real Florida. far beyond the beaches, way past the orange groves and it's safe for the kids too.
http://www.amazon.com/6-Miles-Coura...47125610&sr=1-1&keywords=6+miles+with+courage

Last edited:

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
congrats on new machine..your right too...when you master a machine you really do know what it is saying

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LRP is a great machine....well worth the $230 price tag it is at now. Surpasses many 400-500 machines no problem IMO.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also purchased an LRP, I agree that it competes well with more expensive detectors. I am very fond of the 11" DD coil where ar others like concentrics. The need for only one 9V battery is also a plus. I mainly bought it so I can use it in seedier neighborhoods or as a backup/loaner. I'd rather risk a $230 detector over my F75LTDSE.

OP
OP
T

TommyBoy58

Sep 19, 2015
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Bounty Hunter LR Pro hit on a "split-shot" sinker not much bigger than a BB at 9" today. The pin point feature called it out at 9". I couldn't believe it. Nothing else was in the hole. The soil was like a sandbox at the edge of a lake in Florida.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions