Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The laws in every states is that the land between sidewalks and streets belong to the towns and cities. Many members had written that it is good to search around bus stops which is true. Unless there are signs on public lands, that detecting is not allows, then we can search. Of course, land owners may get upset, and even may call the police, who cannot arrest us. If in double, pay for a lawyer advice. When I feel better, that is what I am going to do in Connecticut, around old houses, when home owners come out to see what I am doing. I will tell them that I am a senior and retired and searching for coins for my coin collection and to pay my bills. Then I ask them if I can search their land, and hand them a contract that states that I keep all single coins, and single jewel. In the contract, how bury treasures is share. If you just ask them to search their land, and not the land between the sidewalks, they may say no. I am sure that the cops cannot arrest you unless you leave holes. If people give you a hard time, call the cops. There may be members who disagree with me, but you have the right to be wrong.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is not state law. It is an easement covered by common law. It is granted by the city....and not all cities (especially home-rule cities) enforce it. So I guess you have the right to be wrong too.

There are absolutely cities that do not entitle access to the curb strip...meaning you are digging on private property. All the self-entitlement in the world won't help you if you dig a curb strip in the wrong city.

The more you know....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread