Anyone else still hanging on to their old wore out detectors?

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's what left of mine. Sitting in my garage collecting dust and I just can't bring myself to get rid of them. To many good memories! old detectors 105.JPG old detectors 106.JPG old detectors 107.JPG old detectors 108.JPG

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't say that for me an mine. I learned using Treasure Cove TC 1023, upgraded to a used F4. Sold the TC1023 to my Brother-in-law. Ran into a great deal on a F75 LTD SE last fall. Sold the F4 locally on Craigslist. I got a White's Classic ID in the F75 LTD SE deal. It was my back-up/loaner. As soon as my boss get's done using it soon, I plan on selling it. About a month ago I used my rewards points at work to get a Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro. I rather have this newer tech. for my back-up/loaner. I also have a 1280X Aquanaut for water hunting.

Three detectors are good enough for me. F75 LTD SE, BH LRP and the 1280X. three is enough for my arsenal. I rather sell the detectors while they still have value rather than hold onto them for sentimental reasons. Lord knows I don't need another dust collector in my house/garage.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently sold my first detector after scoring the 2 detectors under my avatar. It was the Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger. It was a great analog machine that helped me find 2+ oz of gold this year. But I plan on a F19 next year so it is no big deal IMO.

No real attachment for me. Might be hard to sell my LSP since it found my first silver recently. Everything has its price however.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am the same way... if not gonna use it... I sell it...
But I look at as a "re-investment"...
Into the new ones.

But I also still have a Coinmaster collecting dust somewhere... only it is the 3000.

Last edited:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wish I still had the orange radio shack that I had as a kid... My wife bought me a Bounty Hunter like 8 years ago, I still got that, cuz I haven't had any yard sales.... My Ace 350 got sold... got more than I paid for it!:laughing7: My AT Pro will be taking a nap for a while, once I get the Quest Pro.... gotta see what that's all about.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first metal detector was a magnet on the end of a stick. :P

Nansee

Tenderfoot
Nov 9, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I still had the orange radio shack that I had as a kid... My wife bought me a Bounty Hunter like 8 years ago, I still got that, cuz I haven't had any yard sales.... My Ace 350 got sold... got more than I paid for it!:laughing7: My AT Pro will be taking a nap for a while, once I get the Quest Pro.... gotta see what that's all about.
What is a Quest Pro. I never heard of them?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't feel bad i never heard of the Quest Pro either.. I have no idea what.. BigWaveDave.. is talking about ..

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dave won the naming contest for the new metal detector, He is being sent one as the prize.

ICON

Dec 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the old ones will be worth money some day !

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
If i have a old detector that will not keep up with my newer one's i get rid of them..

battles

Sep 16, 2015
Tx
Detector(s) used
Gamma 6000, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Send them to a museum! Lol

battles

Sep 16, 2015
Tx
Detector(s) used
Gamma 6000, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just joking! Been drinking!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
My Fisher 1260X is floppy, worn out, ugly, falling apart - but it still works great. It will be part of my estate.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Deteknix is a young company, their product line was pinpointers and accessories...they are now introducing a line of metal detectors, all 3 of them will be available by January 2016. Deteknix is also a supporting vendor of Treasurenet, so you can easily find their website, along with threads within the forum.
www.Deteknix.com

Last edited:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea I still have a couple old detectors laying around. 1 is a old bounty hunter Outlaw that is 30+ yrs and my 1st water detector a whites surf master that is also 30+ both still works.My brother use the Bounty hunter and my whites water detector I let other use if they want to go water detecting with me.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Here's the other side of the coin. Buy the most advanced, high quality detector, not necessarily the most expensive ( there is a difference you know). I am using 3 detectors that are over 15 years old and they will still keap up with the best new ones. Detection capability has peaked out untill they come out with a new method of detecting. All they have been doing for the last few years is adding bells and whistles. Just a thought. Frank Emerald on cross.jpg

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah guys, I've only sold 2 machines. The first one was a Whites 4000 /D that I got from Sears and the other was a Garrett grand master hunter. I'd still be using my old Nautilus, but it's a lot like me, works when it wants to and you have to whack it once and awhile to wake it up :laughing7:

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My White's CM-2, 1964 model beat frequency oscillator (BFO) detector that I still enjoy using, something soothing about the motorboat sound, and despite the bad press they get better depth than recognized, even with the smaller coil. The small coil on this one will sniff out coins 6" deep in wet soil. Swap out to a larger coil, and get big stuff a couple of feet deep, and with time and experience these will speak to you in their own language, whereas it will locate the metal object and you become the discrimination unit, hard to explain. They will detect American paper money, the bigger the wad, the better the signal, due to the metal in the ink on our folding money, try that with your VLF. Put a coin on a sheet of steel, balance out the steel, and it will detect the coin. Lots of caches found with these in the old days as the machine wasn't smart enough to tell the operator that the big signal he was getting was trash and should be avoided, and they found lots of rusty cans that contained nice treasures. Very good for searching walls and floors in old houses as all those nails don't bother it. Gives a low tone on ferrous objects, and a higher tone on copper & silver, also the best machine to use if high grading old gold mine tailings, and can locate black sand deposits in mineral mode. It will also send you to the doctor if you swing that beast too long. Not much for ergonomics with that handle, and the weight is about on par with a high powered hunting rifle without the balance.

I use it in scout mode on a new sight to kind of sniff around a bit, then when my wrist and arm can't take it anymore I swap over to my newfangled whippersnapper Bounty Hunter 202, that youngster is only about 20 years old, and thinks it knows everything!

Attachments

• 100_1008.JPG
    100_1008.JPG
    518.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 100_1007.JPG
    100_1007.JPG
    585.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 100_1006.JPG
    100_1006.JPG
    552.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 100_1010.JPG
    100_1010.JPG