Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's your pleasure?

What is it about digin in the dirt that turns you on? Is it the chance of profit, saving history, finding something no one else has our just a great way to spend a nice day? For me its all that and much more. Holding the history in my hand and reflecting on the past is probably at the top of that list for me. I live in a part of the country that is very rich in history and am fortunate to have some great places to hunt. Even when I am finding old iron junk I feel like I am connecting with the past. When I hold a relic, the history becomes real. I've been involved in many hobby's in my life and still do many of them, but nothing has consumed me like this. The wife says I need help, she may be right. Just wanted to hear your thoughts. HH RN

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread made me smile... and chuckle to myself...

You are addicted man... full on. :)

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am looking for treasure. To some of us, an old bullet on a Civil War battlefield fits that bill. For me, it's gold.

Attachments

• 64.jpg
    64.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 83

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I am looking for treasure. To some of us, an old bullet on a Civil War battlefield fits that bill. For me, it's gold.
That is the same reason i hunt for treasure something that will bring cash to me ... I really do not care about saving history ... money , money , gold , gold .

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Silver coins get me wet... cool/oddball relics are fun too... I have found that metal detecting has made me a better husband too... I am not around my wife nearly as much to exhaust her with my immaturity.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's all that you mentioned more or less and it was through osmosis that it all started. Collecting rocks, then arrowheads, digging thousands of 1880-1900 bottles, and detecting in the middle of all this. Now turn the clock ahead 50+yrs of doing all of this and it's thought about many times everyday, it puts me to sleep at night. Done many trips to England, and to dig a piece of history that is in the BC range of dating and into the early AD. Now to hold that piece up and to think your thoughts about what history it holds, the centuries it was walked, rode, driven over and to be the first to touch it again is just the cat's a$$. I don't believe it consumes one's life it just is a big part of ones life, and one just has to fit the other stuff around the passion to make it work.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metal Detecting is like a box a chocolates - Never know what your gonna get. That's what I dig about it.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The next plug may be "THE PLUG" that holds an old coin, a piece of jewelry, or a cool relic. That is what drives me. Instead of watching TV I am looking at old maps, reading local history, and reading posts on Tnet. I have met more people in town since I started this journey (detecting). Prior to dirt fishing I was happy with just knowing my neighbors. So much Terra Firma, so little time

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
its primarily about treasure,valuable finds.that doesnt mean that I dont get a real kick out of the historic finds.heck I still like it when I see its a wheatie.brought my wife and I much closer too since she finaly decided to give it a go,and she is killing it too !!!

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just think it is peaceful to swing the coil searching for coins. The other day I was out from 9am to 3pm and had no idea it was that late until I got hungry... next time I will pack a lunch :) It is nice to be outside on a great day and have nothing on my mind except my next find.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just love to see what the next dig will be. Love finding old silver and other old stuff old locks have a couple of those and lots of toy cars. Would love to get to a civil war site I think it would be neat to find a belt buckle and bullets. I hope I can get this done some day.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is your pleasure? Chasing great looking ladies with my detector on beaches with my detector yelling I am the mood.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My goal is to rid the world of all long lost horseshoes. Problem is I'll probably NEVER rid this old road behind my home in my lifetime!!! If anybody ever wants a "horseshoe vacation" come on over. I guarantee to put you onto some!!!!

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding a coin from the 1700's and wondering who's hands it may have passed through. Paul Revere? Nathanael Greene? Benedict Arnold? John Hancock? Maybe even George Washington or Thomas Jefferson? Sounds far fetched, but there were only 2.5 million people living in the U.S. in 1776. Not out of the question that one of the above once possessed a 1700's coin I've found.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding a coin from the 1700's and wondering who's hands it may have passed through. Paul Revere? Nathanael Greene? Benedict Arnold? John Hancock? Maybe even George Washington or Thomas Jefferson? Sounds far fetched, but there were only 2.5 million people living in the U.S. in 1776. Not out of the question that one of the above once possessed a 1700's coin I've found.

Agreed.

OP
OP
relic nut

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I like the way you think!!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I too agree...

I'd like to think I'm finding the horseshoes from their horses. Well hell.... I know I am... (Just ask me).

OP
OP
relic nut

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My goal is to rid the world of all long lost horseshoes. Problem is I'll probably NEVER rid this old road behind my home in my lifetime!!! If anybody ever wants a "horseshoe vacation" come on over. I guarantee to put you onto some!!!!

My friend was at a flee market of sorts once where a man was displaying his metal detecting finds, he had a five gallon bucket filled with horseshoes that he was given to the kids. Kids loved it. I think that's cool.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread