Girlfriends Lost Treasure may be buried - Cant dig for it.

moxycycline

Nov 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Girlfriend's Lost Treasure may be buried - Can't dig for it.

So I'm new here - not sure but I believe this is the correct thread.

Long story short: Girlfriend's dad built a light house for her when she was younger. They are Vietnamese, and the top was a Vietnamese temple. 15 years ago, they sold the house and moved to Hawaii, while my girlfriend went to college. Her father passed away last year, and his birthday was a few weeks ago. She mentions the lighthouse pretty frequently so I made it a mission to find and retrieve it.

I located the old address that they lived at - Google is scary. I sent a letter to the current residents, who were more than happy to donate the lighthouse. Unfortunately, the pictures they sent did not include the top (the temple).

The lighthouse was located next to a pond, probably not very deep. Between the time my girlfriend's family moved out, and the current residents moved in there was a contractor brought in to do some work. The waterfall/pond are both gone.

An idea struck me today: If I was a contractor, and I had a hole in the ground, and large object that would surely fit inside, I would just use the large object instead of dirt that I would have to buy/haul in.

So here I am. I'm driving 4 hours to a different state Saturday to collect the item, and 5 hours to deliver it to a cement sculptor in another different state and a questionable amount of hours back home. The sculptor and I have been working on what exactly is going on with the top from the 2 out-of-focus images we have to work with.

I want this to be as close to original as possible. So if there is even the slightest chance it is under there, I need to find out. I'm not sure that the current residents would be alright with it if I did not know rather or not it was there.

There are a FEW metal pieces, but I assume it is a good 3-4' deep. I was hoping that sonar would be able to find it, but since I will be gone for probably over night renting one here would probably become very expensive.

Are there ANY treasure hunting tips that I could use to see if the large cement object is in the ground? Any advice would be much appreciated as this is foreign to me. Thanks!

longcut

Oct 16, 2012
Misipy
Detector(s) used
X Terra 505 and Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A gas line probe would easily reach the 3-4 foot depth .......... would be easy to use since the spot is new dirt ..........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread