mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sitting here in the recliner and looking out the window and it is snowing pretty good out side. Grand kids has been in and out the back door making snow balls and now they are going to make snow angels. I told them little devils can not make angels (lol). The detecting is going to slow down so I picked up a box of dimes yesterday at the bank. So now my time will be coin roll hunting looking for that lost silver. Hope you all have a nice day in what ever you are doing, rather it is detecting land or beach or coin roll hunting good luck and hope you find that silver.......Matt

Prairie Prowler

May 7, 2006
Midwest ILL
Detector(s) used
Fisher1266-/ CZ-20 / Sovereign XS/Excalibur II / Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snowing really heavy in N. ILL. too...time to do researching.. CRH ..this year planning on making some display cases..Good hunting to those that can..

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We are expecting maybe 1/2" later today. Just need to dress warmer for the future hunts until the ground freezes. Last year, I hunted all the way up through 12/31. Hoping to do the same this year.

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, AM Recon Sluice, Technetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
We have had snow on the ground for almost a week here in SW Colorado. No detecting here till probably April. I'll spend the winter researching a couple of burried caches and slowly liquidating a coin collection for a friend. It sure is pretty here in the mountains!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Snowing again in Colorado-

Screw this, I'm going home to Florida and put my shorts and flip-flops back on.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snowing again in Colorado-

Screw this, I'm going home to Florida and put my shorts and flip-flops back on.

Yeah it's pretty cold here this time of year....perhaps I can catch a ride with ya lol

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Time to get out the anti-depression meds then once I level out, start doing research for next spring.:laughing7:

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sunny and nice here. The temps dropped about 15-20 degrees off the daily high. Have a old untouched home site that is yet to be hunted that I have permission to hunt. Will schedule that for about a few weeks from now in early December.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm ready for some snow, rain, thunder and lightning. Southern California has been like a desert for so long it's time for a change.
I'm a little envious of you guys and gals that get to play in the snow. Ah well, the snow always looks a little whiter on the other side of the fence!
Have fun!

OP
OP
mlayers

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well Rusty I will try you places for a couple of months you can come to my place and stay and I will stay at your place. So when do you want to trade.......Matt

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has been a beautiful and long fall here in Minnesota, so no complaints. Yard is raked, snowblower is ready, winter clothes, boots and gear is in the front closet, so anytime winter gets here is okay.

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
El Nino' say's supposed to be warmer this winter in the upper midwest. Hope they mean 70's.:laughing7:

Ha......I think that might be wishful thinking!:laughing7:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
28 here this morning in Middle TN. Hard to get motivated going back out into new shop putting up wall and ceiling boards. No heat available yet as I need to finish the walls and ceiling before electric company will hook up to 200 amp service. Can't run much on an extension cord.

I had to move some boxes yesterday that I hadn't gone through since I emptied out the old shop when the property sold. I found about 1000 wheat pennies and a LOT of steel pennies my late father had stored away. That will give me something to do sitting around sorting them out!

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, AM Recon Sluice, Technetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well for now it's been getting into the upper 40's during the day but low teens at night. Makes it real hard to go out to the garage and sort old mustang parts. I only have an infared heater and it takes quite a while to slightly warm up enough to work. And this is just the beginning! Oh well the mountains are just beautiful and I just love it out here!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Calling for a 20% chance of snow tonight and tomorrow, nothing to worry about as it's sunny and 50F on Thursday for the final big hunt of the season (short ones don't count)got the news the fields are cropped and being in beans the coil is going close to the ground.
Went detecting Jan/01/15 this year, sort of an act of desperation from missing most of the fall season.:laughing7:

IMG_20150101_132308973.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread