Gold coins divers found deemed "Priceless"... I think you may enjoy this video...

celtic fox

Nov 8, 2015
surrey uk
Detector(s) used
ctx3030 , deus lite , garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hard to contain yourself watching that proper eye candy :coins: :tongue3:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great!!!! I wonder if they had to give up the trove or got it all or just a percentage....?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a sight and to believe that dreams do come true. Good post up ARRC :icon_thumright:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great!!!! I wonder if they had to give up the trove or got it all or just a percentage....?

They had to give it up in accordance with the rules over there. Govt took all the coins, but I don't know if they finders got any kind of reward.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope that they were rewarded for the honesty... but this seems to be a dying trait amongst these things.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope that they were rewarded for the honesty... but this seems to be a dying trait amongst these things.

The govt archy page this links to, along with googling the treasure doesn't say anything about rewards. It just has the state archy saying how wonderful these people were for reporting the treasure.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The govt archy page this links to, along with googling the treasure doesn't say anything about rewards. It just has the state archy saying how wonderful these people were for reporting the treasure.

I know... I briefly looked as well.
Who knows.

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
And to think they were laying there for how many years, and how many people have passed by never seeing them.

And I do hope the folks who found them were given something for reporting it. Heck one of the coins as a token, when you have 2500 of them?

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And to think they were laying there for how many years, and how many people have passed by never seeing them.

And I do hope the folks who found them were given something for reporting it. Heck one of the coins as a token, when you have 2500 of them?

Agreed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread