What is the best fisher Machine on the market today?

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have always used Fisher brand machines and I have developed a ear for them,"in other words I am kind of worried about change as far as a different brand of machine".This fisher I have had for some time now the 1270 has been good to me, but some iron patches are just to much for it to read through, plus it is getting old and tattered.I was just wondering if someone that has had experiance with fisher machines might be able to tell me what model might be the best route to take as far as depth,target separation, and over all performance in trashy ,iron infested areas for coins and relics.Thanks,joe

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the updated F75 ltd and think it does great in iron especially the new FA mode. I've gotten used to it over the years in it's past form and now with the updates it's like a new machine.
HH
John

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
F75 DST hand down....

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
agreed...hunt with a bud who swings a current f75...man that beast is deep.gives my at pro a run for its money.

I will say that in iron infested mining camp sites I give him a run for his money.I have always liked the fisher machines and think the f75...if you are willing to learn it...is a top notch machine

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like my F75, but there is a bunch of new machines out now. The F75 can hunt, and made me many a good find. It has enough modes and options it can be used for almost any kind of hunt. Just because you cant turn the sensitivity up doesnt mean it wont hunt. But the new DST lets you run wide open if you choose. Its light and good on battery's. Big VDI screen and sensitive to small bits of jewelry. Download the manual for free and see what your missing. Make sure you get the small coil with it also. You dont loose much depth with the 5 inch coil. The stock 11" inch coil can cover some ground.

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help,I looked into them,a little pricey. but I might as well do it right .Never used anything with a digital screen before so I imagine that and the different settings are gonna take a little getting use to.But i think I am gonna give it a shot.i appreciate it!

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The recently re-introduced T2 - the T2 Classic' offers a lot of the F75's capability at a bargain price $499 (or less - check with forum sponsor dealers)!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting