Guns

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Common sense.

No on the bullets, unless used in a crime.

No on the gun if it's junk and rusted and been in the ground a hundred years. Yes if the barrel is still hot and blood drops lead to a get-away car. No if it's in the sporting section of Wal-Mart, yes if a dead guy is still holding it, no if it's obviously been buried, yes if you find it in the rest room at the movie theater.

BRC

Jun 24, 2011
Tampa Bay
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Sand Shark, At-Max, EquInox 800, Deus 2..
Just wondering what all the md if I come across a guns or bullets do I have to report them

Common sense.

No on the bullets, unless used in a crime.

No on the gun if it's junk and rusted and been in the ground a hundred years. Yes if the barrel is still hot and blood drops lead to a get-away car. No if it's in the sporting section of Wal-Mart, yes if a dead guy is still holding it, no if it's obviously been buried, yes if you find it in the rest room at the movie theater.

GIB is right on the money...We dont know where your from but in Florida, I would say common sense rules...Old six shooter, keeper...Beretta 9mm with the serials rubbed off, (or not)...Turn it in to the local S.O. ...They can still match the rifling....

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Illegal to be in possession of a firearm with altered serial numbers. I also wouldn't want to be in possession of a weapon that could be traced back to a homicide. I believe if I were to locate one (weapon) that wasn't a pile of rust, I'd probably not even touch it, and call the local PD and let them pick it up. after taking a couple pics though.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
If it's fresh don't touch it, move away from the firearm and contact someone of authority to report it.
Now you're safe.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Common sense would tell me you could have no Idea if the bullet was used in a crime :D

What if the bullets are scattered around the parking lot of a stop and rob while the clerk is yelling. SLURPEE KILLER, HE SHOT THE SLURPEE MACHINE...

Then, yes, they would be evidence.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Common sense would tell me you could have no Idea if the bullet was used in a crime :D

LOL!!!!

Was the bullet used in a crime? THINK!!!

A bullet that has been used? You're probably gonna find a case and projectile but in separate locations.

That should give one an idea whether it was used in a crime. Still intact? Not used in a crime.

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We as detectorists constantly find bullets everywhere. Sometimes still in the shell, sometimes not. But you have got to be kidding everyones intelligence to think for a second you have the slightest clue if a bullet was used in a crime after diging it up from who knows when :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
OP could be young, unfamiliar about things regarding firearms, or both. It never hurts to ask...........

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think if the bullet has pieces of flesh or clothing remains on it then report, lol

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What if the bullets are scattered around the parking lot of a stop and rob while the clerk is yelling. SLURPEE KILLER, HE SHOT THE SLURPEE MACHINE...

Then, yes, they would be evidence.

Don't slurpee machines deserve to be shot, the contents will kill us? :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread