San Antonio Medal detecting ideas?

want2skydive

Jan 12, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a Garret AT Pro two years ago and I think I've used it once. I get set to go on my 4 days off then think but where should I go. And draw an absolute blank. Any ideas on where to start looking for ground to detect on? I'm most interested in relics and history. Don't get me wrong, if I found a gold bar I wouldn't drop it back in the hole and cover it up. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Jason

battles

Sep 16, 2015
Tx
Detector(s) used
Gamma 6000, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have you tried the Alamo yet? Just playing around... There has to be a lot of great older places to hunt around in that area; good luck.

OP
OP
want2skydive

want2skydive

Jan 12, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol. Do you think they would notice me? I could dress up the power company uniform nobody ever pays attention to that guy.

DonDigger

Jan 11, 2013
Galveston Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Teknetics, Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If memory serves me well then San Antonio parks are pretty much off limits. The Missions are all historical sites and would be closed to detecting as well. I haven't lived there since my Service years in the 60's but do visit friends in the area often. The old neighborhoods would be my first choice, particularly empty lots and tear-outs. Do some research and get out of town as well. The area has been settled since Spanish Colonial times so there has to be a lot of history in the ground. There are lots of places within a hours drive that would provide a lot of detecting potential. One of my best hunts many years ago was in the Schertz/Cibolo area. The sites are all around you, you just need to do some research and check the local ordinances then get permission. Go for it. That AT Pro isn't going to hunt by itself!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread