So Now that I have a Bobcat, how do I lure him to get his picture?

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please read # 8. Thanks. You can always leave a camera out with this note: Bobcat, please take a group picture of yourself and your friends.

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that you know you have a Bobcat, the way to lure him in is to offer him a role in an upcoming comedy movie. All he has to do is yell and make strange noises.

bobcatgoldthwait_091710-0.jpg

Mike

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually make motion pictures in my spare time.....Lightbulb went off, having the bobcat stalk the settlers would be awesome. Here kitty kitty kitty.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
instead of washed parts with human scent, look for a fresh roadkill bunny

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope I have pics by tomorrow.

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
olivia's 5 b. day 018.JPG Not a Bob cat, but my Grand daughter's Love, Karl. A little stray they had to bottle feed. Beautiful now.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here's the mighty roar, the energy drain, back to what she does best.

P1000158.JPG P1000163.JPG P1000156.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Attachment didn't work. Hope there will be some pics in the camera in the am.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
had a old grey with black tiger stripes semi feral huge manx type tomcat (looked similar to "karl" on page 2")-- I used to call "bob"--(short for bob tailed cat ) he had a huge head and massive rear legs (tough as nails that cat saw him almost kill a stray rott that attacked him -- bob rolled over and as the rott went for his belly he latched on the dogs face with his front claws and using his hind leg claws he ripped / kicked with his hind legs just about ripping the dogs throat out while avoiding its teeth by its belly by arching his back outward , dog ran off badly wounded, bleeding badly ) ..bob was the alpha pack male of the semi feral pride that lives next door to me --old couple neighbors feed them so they hang around ..they keep the local rats / mice and snakes at bay..even though their well fed , they still like to hunt for some fresh meat now and then --they eat the local squirrels , birds , rats and snakes with gusto ... my wife shoo's them (for the longest time they tried to make friends with her by offering "gifts" of freshly killed squirrel hind legs) --by leaving them next to her car on the carport * my wife would find them and would say --Ivan come get this and throw it away , those dopey cats are at it again --I tried explaining that was their "lets be friends" love offering but it did them no good...LOL..it only took 2 years of feeding bob to get him to allow me to pet him but once we became "friends" he just loved me -- when he fell ill ( I think he ate a poisoned rat- from he school across the street ) --as he was slowly dying he came to me and wanted to die in my house as he ran in when the wife opened the door and he jumped in my lap ...I let him stay inside with me petting him as I could tell he was ill until late in the night when the wife said he can't stay inside overnight and put him back outside .. the next day in the morning a huge storm hit -- after it went away he was found in a puddle across the street dead ..buried him in the backyard --his mate the senior pack female calico passed a bit back and she is buried by him

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Attachment didn't work. Hope there will be some pics in the camera in the am.

I'm not sure why the pictures only came up as an attachment? What make of trail cam have you got set up?

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Browning, cost about $165. I can program it to take pics at different times between the pics. The other one only took one every 15 minutes and that was too long. You'd get the nose of the deer, but not the whole critter. Going to check camera now.....

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just 5 pics las IMG_0003.JPG IMG_0005.JPG t night. Mr. Opossum and a begging Fox. Mr. Opossum looks like he's praying. Can I have it PLEASE?

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had some feral cats hanging around my place and one day one came through my doggie door. All 3 of my dogs went after it, being a animal lover I tried to separate the cat and dogs when the cat decided to attach itself to my leg and take a bite out of it. The cat ran into my bedroom and into the closet. Called the local law and they brought a cage but could not get the cat to stop running away so they left the cage for me. After a while I was able to corner the cat in a cupboard. I placed the cage at the door of the cupboard and opened the door just enough for him to run into the cage. Took him to the local vet to hold for rabies. After 10 days he was given to a farmer. I lost a little love for cats. Shortly after that a fox moved into my wind break and rid my property of all cats!

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"AND BY THE WAY, THE BOBCAT WAS 3 FEET FROM MY HOUSE STALKING BIRDIES AT THE BIRD FEEDER EARLIER TODAY. I WALKED RIGHT BY HIM. He's kinda small, must be a yearling. Or maybe he just likes me: fried, baked, in stew, tar tar, or with a side of snowbirds and nuthatches."

Go ahead and try to pet him....:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread