So Now that I have a Bobcat, how do I lure him to get his picture?

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will baste self with bobcat urine, do the camo thing and lay down half buried in leaves and dirt under the feather and dvd and turkey wing and put the last pieces of the turkey on my chest and make injured baby bunny noises and wait with the camera. Think he'll come?

(And if you believe any of this I'll sell you a bridge in New York real cheap.)

Last edited:
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll send them as soon as the bobcat eats me.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The wife and I owned a pair of Rottweilers. Huge male and a smaller female. We live in a very rural area that is 95% wooded around us for 1000's of acres. One summer morning we let the Rots outside. Later we notice their gone. And they stay gone all day which was very unusual. Finally on the 3rd day wife was getting out of pool and looked down the driveway and hollered for me. The female was limping badly coming up the driveway. I met her at the deck and she was TORE UP. Both ears were shredded some, half a nose and lots of wounds on the face. Her front left foot had a toe sticking UP. And... it looked like "something" had tried to rip handfuls of fur off on her chest and underside. The male never came home nor did I ever find him.

I put her in the car and took to vet and told him what I knew about the dogs. He treated the female and stated it's more than likely they came across a bobcat kill or her young. I asked if a full grown bobcat could whip 2 Rots? He stated.... "easily". He stated it looks like the cat bite her face, held on, rolled over and raked it's claws on the chest and underside. He said the male was probably disemboweled and dying and the female hung around till he passed. She NEVER left the yard again.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No hooks. I saw this one real up close. Must be this years baby. Was 8 feet from me under a bush and he ran. I have set up the camera and am going to leave it three days. Hope by then I have pics.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't let any of my cats out for years. Monsters are in the woods.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will baste self with bobcat urine, do the camo thing and lay down half buried in leaves and dirt under the feather and dvd and turkey wing and put the last pieces of the turkey on my chest and make injured baby bunny noises and wait with the camera. Think he'll come?

(And if you believe any of this I'll sell you a bridge in New York real cheap.)
LAWL! :laughing7:
I was so glad I didn't have a mouthful of coffee or wine, when I read that! :laughing7:

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should have had a mouthful. Was gone for a couple days, the DVD was lying on the ground, turkey and corn were gone. Camera took 504 pictures - of everything but angels and bobcats.

Got a cold, maybe next week.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The wife and I owned a pair of Rottweilers. Huge male and a smaller female. We live in a very rural area that is 95% wooded around us for 1000's of acres. One summer morning we let the Rots outside. Later we notice their gone. And they stay gone all day which was very unusual. Finally on the 3rd day wife was getting out of pool and looked down the driveway and hollered for me. The female was limping badly coming up the driveway. I met her at the deck and she was TORE UP. Both ears were shredded some, half a nose and lots of wounds on the face. Her front left foot had a toe sticking UP. And... it looked like "something" had tried to rip handfuls of fur off on her chest and underside. The male never came home nor did I ever find him.

I put her in the car and took to vet and told him what I knew about the dogs. He treated the female and stated it's more than likely they came across a bobcat kill or her young. I asked if a full grown bobcat could whip 2 Rots? He stated.... "easily". He stated it looks like the cat bite her face, held on, rolled over and raked it's claws on the chest and underside. He said the male was probably disemboweled and dying and the female hung around till he passed. She NEVER left the yard again.

DANG!
Just watching Domestic Tom's Fight over the years 'I can picture the "Raking".
We had a Couple males over the years that every now & again Their Faces Ears would be so scratched up , I thought
they might not make it, Eventually after several Healing's of such injuries ,their faces were big like Lion Faces ( big & puffed out from all the Scar Tissue.)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the face grab with front claws and throat raking with the rear legs is exactly how "bob" the huge old feral manx cat fought off a rott that tired to bite him ...it was ugly the damage he put on that dog ..a real adult size bobcat would have killed him easily ---it would have bled out from the wounds to the neck area

ever hear "knock em down john" bit by jerry clower?

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, the bobcat urine arrived. It's going to be dry and warm this weekend. I haven't seen or heard the cat in a week. I'll put out the trail camera for a couple days and see what I can come up with.

In other news.....the beavers are having a beaver blast. The dam is about 30' long and 3' high across a fairly large stream. Water level is right at the top of the creek banks now. I had to laugh at their work. They have found some 3-4 pound rocks and put them on TOP of the dam. Icing on the cake? There are several spillways built into the dam, so it won't just nutso overflow and destroy the known world.

After I try for some bobcat pics, I'll try for some more of these guys. They're doing me a pretty good service cutting and removing brush that has been an eyesore for years. The "good" trees are wrapped in chicken wire and have been left alone. In the meantime. my pet chickens had lasagna for dinner last night. Nuff said.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well....update...after a zillion trail camera pictures, I can happily report I have photographs of everything except the bobcat. Including people going all over the property. Oh well.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update. I think the bobcat left. The beavers are well entrenched for winter and we'll probably have baby beavers. Still have a foot of snow on the ground. Deer tracks everywhere. My chickens no longer hide in the house, so I'm pretty sure the two extra security lights did the trick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread