So Now that I have a Bobcat, how do I lure him to get his picture?

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think I have a pee mart near me, will have to be mail order. Just what I need.

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
trail cam. And some feathers dangling from a tree, Or just a trail cam and enjoy all the kritters you never knew you had:)

One I got with my trail cam

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
easy bobcats (like most cats) are by nature curious --so take a feather and some fishing string and leave it so it is about 2 foot off the ground "blowing in the wind" it will approach it from the down wind direction to check it out / play with it ..set up your camera accordingly ...

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just walk up and take a picture, what's so hard?

babcat.jpg

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotcha. And found some bobcat urine online, it's on the way. At least it's not a cougar.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll just go to the zoo tomorrow and ask for some.....

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Lay under the tree and make wounded legless baby rabbit sounds.

He'll be there shortly.

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Somebody lose their kitty?

50060d1307456892t-lost-cat-possum_poster-1-.jpg

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's not a real poster, is it? Reminds me of the commercial of the lady calling the kitty and the raccoon comes in and takes over the bed.

As bad as Water's World on Fox where this lady was asked where Bethlehem (regarding the Christmas season), and she stated that Bethlehem was in Pennsylvania. And Jesus is an American, of course, coming from Pennsylvania and all. Of course that's true, been there, but not what he was referring too. That was on some awful hour this am.

Maybe to fit into society better I should go outside in the morning, cover myself with turkey leftovers and lie down in the brush and make injured baby rabbit noises so I can get a better look at the bobcat.

We're raising a society of morons. And if you're that lady, SORRY!

AND BY THE WAY, THE BOBCAT WAS 3 FEET FROM MY HOUSE STALKING BIRDIES AT THE BIRD FEEDER EARLIER TODAY. I WALKED RIGHT BY HIM. He's kinda small, must be a yearling. Or maybe he just likes me: fried, baked, in stew, tar tar, or with a side of snowbirds and nuthatches.

And last week all I had to worry about was terrorists! And no, I'm still the person your mother warned you about, so all is well. Not afraid no cat!:notworthy:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
BOBCAT.. Nice looking cat ,... But then i am a cat & animal lover .. I Would never hurt one .. The only way i hunt is with a camera... I have a cat laying between my key pad and the screen right now .. . And this is the cat...... DSCN0071.JPG .... You are lucky to get a picture of one they know how to keep out of site..

Last edited:
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice kitty, put a finger in her mouth? I have three. Black beastie called Dusty. A true Alpha. Smokey (you saw his pic), both were rescues. And "Little Wiley". My daughter bought him for me when my first Wiley died, the first Wiley as a roadside pickup ( didn't say I was too bright). Vet suggested that first day I put him to sleep as he would never be tame. Vet was wrong and I had him almost 17 years. He DID have a "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU" attitude problem with anyone but me or my two (now adult) children. HE's been gone over 6 years and I was at the vets getting one of the buggers a rabies shot last week and the vet still remembered him, says every they get a REALLY BAD KITTY in, Wiley comes to mind.

Little Wiley, or Little while for short, is a 25 pound Maine Coon cat. An excellent mouser and loves to play in water and lay on my legs at night so I can't get away. Little Wiley is helping me type also.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a cat i had for 20 years when he got sick and passed on it will be a year ago in Dec. I miss him .. The one i have the picture up of is called Monday I found her on the side of the road when she was about 3 months old.... She is now 12 years old .... DSCN0067.JPG This is Milo i lost him to bad health last Dec at age 20..

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have Tippy, a tiger cat from a animal shelter about six years ago. She was not too friendly then, but she love to have me scratch her back and her chin. Her last owner gave her up because she does not like dogs and other cats, and sometimes, she does not like me either. First thing when we get up, she is at the front door to go out, and then out the back doors she goes. Same thing at night. We are both seniors, and enjoy taking naps together. She only eat dry food, which is good, because I save money, and she only drinks water out of the fish tank in the bedroom. God bless Tippy and her three tanks of fish.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trail camera is going out with some turkey parts (will hang in tree, w feather) in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1......

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watch out smokeycat, it's a trap! :o
They may be trying to lure you...... :tongue3:

catcomeon.jpg