Experimenting with Bluetooth

Nathanonline

Oct 31, 2015
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So one thing that has been annoying me A LOT when I detect is dealing with the cord of my headphones. I detect at the beach and in the water, and I'm often bending down with the shovel, and when I go to stand up the cord gets stuck on parts of my machine. For a number of reasons, I wanted to see what I could do to go wireless on my machine....AND CHEAP!

I think I found the solution (the true test will be when I hit the beach). Basically I found a device made by G-Cord that can be a bluetooth receiver and transmitter. So I ordered 2 of them, at $17 bucks a piece, that is by far the cheapest solution for going wireless. Here is my thinking:

Sure it's not actually wireless, as I need to connect my headphones in and carry the receiver (the receiver is really small, which is good), but I actually think this solution is BETTER than getting bluetooth headphones. You see, if my transmitter or receiver dies, I just plug my headphones back in to the machine. It also allows me to keep using my regular metal detecting headphones, so keeping the cost down. The only issue I have seen so far is it looks like I don't get quite as much volume to the headphones.

I did a basic test earlier tonight, and it seems like there is almost no lag in the sound, what do you guys think of the idea?

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been done/tried many times. Lag is the issue with BT. If you find something that produces the same sound quality you get when plugged into the MD, no lag and at least and 8 hour battery life, then that would be good.

My solutions is a quality FM transmitter ($40) and a quality FM receiver which I already owned. I have posted links to them many times but they are not a dedicated pier to pier connection like BT so go for it and let us know it works. Any perceivable lag, static or change in sound quality between wired and BT is a deal killer for most folks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread