Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is my simple mod of the Garrett Carrot. I added an adjustable tie wrap to the sheath which does 2 things. It keeps the snap from coming undone and falling off my belt, but it also snugs up the sheath so that the carrot does not slip too far into it while keeping it snug. The Velcro does a poor job of keeping the carrot on my belt. Maybe its my massive obliques that are expanding when I bend down, :laughing7:but this mod takes care of that issue.

IMG_0112[1].JPG IMG_0113[1].JPG

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool idea! I don't use the supplied pouch, but I noticed it did sit low in it. I was wondering what the heck you were going to mod on a carrot!

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not a mod really, but I found if I wedge in into my pouch hammer loop it's nice and snug. A perfect fit.

I recommend hitting the stitching at the top of the belt loop on the pointer's holster with some CA glue.. I had one holster belt loop un-thread right there and I lost my pro pointer. Luckly, I was able to use my detector to find it again about 50 yards back along the path!

Attachments

• IMG_5518.JPG
    IMG_5518.JPG
    247.5 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does Garrett make a better pin pointer then the carrot?
Does other companies make better pin pointers then Garrett?

:occasion14:

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well there are others similar to the carrot. Better? No, I doubt it. Equal? Perhaps one or two others... but I prefer the orange Garrett myself. Not just because of the functionality but the build quality. It feels very sold and well made not like cheap plastic, and it can be used in shallow water.

ogoat

Dec 2, 2015
Arvada, Colorado
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My wife gave me a suggestion on wear to carry mine but I didn't think it would be an improvement in any way or more comfortable!

Baja

Sep 9, 2015
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur ll -
Minelab CTX-3030 -
White's Spectra V3i -
w/ Sun Ray DX-1 probe -
Fisher F75 ProArc -
w/ Sun Ray Invader FX-1 probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife gave me a suggestion on wear to carry mine but I didn't think it would be an improvement in any way or more comfortable!

Seriously made me laugh!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread