Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If there's a lot more supply than demand why hasn't the price continued to drop, and why is my electric going up again by 21%?

It's your fault.

All those things you have done to reduce your consumption? Thety are the reason they are raising your rates.

Bottom line: The income of the power utilities went down because they aren't selling as much electricity due to lower consumption resulting from increased efficiency. Their income went down (not an increase in their cost to produce the electricity), therefore, you must pay a higher rate per kilowatt hour in order to compensate them for their losses.

If you don't believe me, check with your state's Public Service Commission (or whatever your state calls its version) and you will find petitions to that effect in their rate increase requests over the past several years.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know your right. The part that gets me the most is all the lies that we're being told to justify it. And all the conservation measures that are practically being forced on us, and we hear the same thing from all sides "it's our fault".
But if we want to take more pay home we can't just grab more, we have to justify it & hope it's not denied.
Just try disconnecting from the greed grab and your told you can't. I'm tired of it all.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I know your right. The part that gets me the most is all the lies that we're being told to justify it. And all the conservation measures that are practically being forced on us, and we hear the same thing from all sides "it's our fault".
But if we want to take more pay home we can't just grab more, we have to justify it & hope it's not denied.
Just try disconnecting from the greed grab and your told you can't. I'm tired of it all.

... they don't let you do that on your job either? You just need a new job.

I would suggest starting your own utility company, then you could just take whatever you want! Problem solved.

Of course, if you get paid with any coins like the one in my avatar, please forward.

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I would suggest starting your own utility company, then you could just take whatever you want! Problem solved.

Of course, if you get paid with any coins like the one in my avatar, please forward.

Lol! As long as the coin counter rejects it.
I don't see the word Corp. after my name any time soon, maybe "non-profit"...now there's a juxtaposition!

SouthTexasHunter

Mar 8, 2015
Corpus Christi, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

No need to build your own refinery or power plant.....just take some of that clad and buy stock in the ones that already exist. That way you can join the fatcats and scoff at the "little guys" too.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please remember our rules on politics...

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aye, aye Sir.

I was waiting for a further drop in the price if gas, but it looks like that ship has sailed cause they have already started prepping the Sumner time fuels.
It was a nice dream...while it lasted. :(

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
There is no justification for the rise in oil prices. Almost all of the oil producers are producing at max capacity. Only Iran has more capacity that it can utilize.
What I am wondering is the rise initiated at the exporting end or the refining end? I don't like price controls, but this situation calls for it. Frank

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gas prices always go up in Spring, I'm still paying $2.00 a gallon less for high test than a year or so ago ....

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's is great when you get to keep a little of your money!

That's why I think rising gas prices, especially the extreme ones, are so insidious because it all filters down to the guy at the bottom who can lest afford it but has to pay for it at all levels.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well Diesel is up to $1.99 already and the supply line is still overloaded. The one problem with capitalism is a monopoly and no one does anything about it. Maybe that will change next year.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The monopolies have a death grip on the oil and will do what it takes to put more $$ in their pockets, in spite of any counter measures to keep the price low...we are up for a couple of electric rate increases this year, with the one last year it will double the cost, with no logical explaination. They made no mention of the "lower" oil prices this year....curious.

Sep 21, 2013
Excelsior, mn
Detector(s) used
2 fisher 1280x
garrett ace 250
finally bought me a garrett at pro...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
agree with susan...1.93 I get .20 off a gal at holiday every tues...1.73 this week...a couple of weeks ago I got 1.35 a gal....remember we have a very large reserve of winter blend gas...it costs more to produce than summer blend...I believe that's why it was low, have to use that up before the summer blend is out...

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paid $1.67 last week, paid $1.85 3 days ago, now it's $1.95, not liking this upward trend. I was just getting used to paying my gasoline bill with clad diggings. Now I'm afraid I'll have to open my wallet once again lol :laughing7:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our gas price has gone from $1.53, two weeks ago, to $1.77 yesterday. :(

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our gas price has gone from $1.53, two weeks ago, to $1.77 yesterday. :(

Gotta love how gas prices can go up so fast and come down so slow. Whats up with that?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread