OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I agree. Iran is going to cause further downward price pressure. I'm curious to see if the world is going to move away from fossil fuels now that all countries are agreeing at the Paris climate summit. I'm holding a very small position in a crappy lithium mining penny stock in hopes that electric cars will become more prevalent. Obviously fossil fuel dependency will take 20-50 years to break. I'm thinking that as the entire world warms (regardless of the cause), fossil fuel related stocks will remain toxic to investors.

Lithium looks like a good bet. There are several 'blends' of lithium being used. Most of the newer cars use the Li 'blend'. Lp is used in model car racing. Big Li 'packs' are being sold for home solar storage. There are problems with it in that the batteries require good engineering for cooling and current limiting.The hover boards being sold have tight battery cases with no ventilation and this is causing fires. It's the same as when Li batteries were first used with computers, but that is now past with better engineering.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not going to die until I see regular gas at .25 cents/p/gallon again. That's what I paid when I started to drive. Bring back the gas wars. I lied about the dying part.... :laughing7:

note only us old guys liked this!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
around here (INdy) it gets down to 1.69 then shoots back to 1.99.
they can't stand it below 2

Unclebuck257

Aug 31, 2013
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Garrett Carrot PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We're at 1.72 per gallon for regular the last I saw it a couple of days ago here in N Texas.

Limitool,

It was 16-19 cents a gallon when I started driving, and there were gas wars going on at that price between stations! That included getting Green Stamps at purchase and a set of drinking glasses eventually too! LOL!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We're at 1.72 per gallon for regular the last I saw it a couple of days ago here in N Texas.

Limitool,

It was 16-19 cents a gallon when I started driving, and there were gas wars going on at that price between stations! That included getting Green Stamps at purchase and a set of drinking glasses eventually too! LOL!

"They" had all kinds of incentives during my times also (driving 1969-forward). But at the time... hell I didn't care about glasses, stamps or anything else (maybe something else! :laughing7:). You just got a head start on me buddy.... :occasion14: ... Brad

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen it down to 19 cents a gallon during the gas wars!! We used to pull into a gas station and tell the attendant...."Let my have 50 cents worth, will ya"......and they would wash your windshield!!
note only us old guys liked this!

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I have regular at $1.899. Diesel seems to linger about .15 above it for some reason.
Think about this, the shipping rates shot up with the price of fuel, but it isn't dropping back down.
Maybe shipping stocks will pay big. Frank

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I agree. Iran is going to cause further downward price pressure. I'm curious to see if the world is going to move away from fossil fuels now that all countries are agreeing at the Paris climate summit. I'm holding a very small position in a crappy lithium mining penny stock in hopes that electric cars will become more prevalent. Obviously fossil fuel dependency will take 20-50 years to break. I'm thinking that as the entire world warms (regardless of the cause), fossil fuel related stocks will remain toxic to investors.

So they agreed to lies ... what else is new? Simply a way to take all the wealth the poor have left and move it into the pockets of the already extremely wealthy.

BTW, did even ONE of them give up their private jets to conserve the environment? No, they added lots of new greenhouse gasses behind ... but that's ok, the media will NEVER call them to task because they think they are riding on their coattails into power.

Funny thing will be they weeping and gnashing of their teeth when those in frauds are dumped after the powers get what they want.

This isn't political speech, just an honest look around by someone who isn't fooled..

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have regular at $1.899. Diesel seems to linger about .15 above it for some reason.
Think about this, the shipping rates shot up with the price of fuel, but it isn't dropping back down.

Yeah, back when gas was $1.50/gal a quart of oil ran you about $1.25.

Gas is no longer $4+/gal, but a quart of oil (Castrol GTX 10W40) is $4.34/quart.

Anyone else see the disparity ? ? ?

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
$2.85 today.
Will someone please tell our governor that Venezuelan oil is now in the $20s?
Don......

It just means they can tax it more without hurting you :skullflag: because you can afford it ... and when oil goes back up, they can't remove the tax because they've become dependent on it, like a junkie is dependent on heroin.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
went up today to 1.99 ( always get extra for a holidaY)

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've seen it down to 19 cents a gallon during the gas wars!! We used to pull into a gas station and tell the attendant...."Let my have 50 cents worth, will ya"......and they would wash your windshield!!

yep that was my first job

(hmm maybe smelling all those lead fumes had consequences?)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not going to die until I see regular gas at .25 cents/p/gallon again. That's what I paid when I started to drive. Bring back the gas wars. I lied about the dying part.... :laughing7:

Ya, I'm right there with Ya!....of course we may be walking before that happens....or after!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ya I think they have switched around from charging a higher price for auto gas to diesel. Because they know they've got us on that one!
I can't see any "one" fuel source for all with out high prices, even "air" would be costly at this point. I'm thinking it has to be regional.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ya I think they have switched around from charging a higher price for auto gas to diesel. Because they know they've got us on that one!
I can't see any "one" fuel source for all with out high prices, even "air" would be costly at this point. I'm thinking it has to be regional.

Even air...!!! If they could market it...they would. Hell this planet is called Earth (water planet) and we sell WATER to each other.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even air...!!! If they could market it...they would. Hell this planet is called Earth (water planet) and we sell WATER to each other.

I work in the oil field and a good water well is almost as good as a oil well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread