Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Curse of Oak Island has Mom goin' now

I didn't get a chance to watch the last episode, so my mother decided to fill me in. Email from my mother who started watching Curse of Oak Island. I thought it was interesting coming from an 81 yr. old, that's sharp as a tack.

"You might have enjoyed what Craig and his two sons were doing. They've now introduced another ploy to keep up interest. Seems a freed slave bought 4 acres of land on the island (it had been divided into a bunch of 4 acres plots). Supposedly, all it was good for was farming, so no one was getting rich. But before he died, this guy had bought up about 30+ acres and was the richest guy on the island! "Legend" (what else) says that, although he had a family, he left all his land on the island to a servant...along with some other "information" that he swore the servant to never reveal. (Sound familiar?).

So Craig and his son and stepson are now out with a metal detector and shovels, wandering around one of the 4 acres parcels. Big honkin' metal detector. So first they find this thing that looks like a big railroad spike. Then they find some pieces of non-ferrous metal in a tree root...they're just little curved pieces of metal, and of course, when they first look at them no one can figure out what they are. So the stepson then find a pile of rocks--wow, how unusual--and one of them has a smooth side and looks like a pyramid! Wow! Then we hear about all the other "triangles" they've found around the island and woo-woo--is this another "sign?" So they bring a rock guy out there and he says that the type of rock naturally fractures in straight lines...but hmmm...there's something weird about the tip of the rock...like somebody might have attached something to make it look more like a pyramid. BUT the rock is at the bottom of a small pit, and there's no other metal there...so WOO WOO, maybe this is a place where pirates or the slave or Godzilla buried treasure and then came back and dug it up.

At the end, the stepson is showing Rick, Dave, and some other guys the metal pieces. He pulls them out of the bag and puts them together--voila! it's a handle--PROBABLY from a chest of some kind.And of course, everyone just sits there looking around at one another. Amazing that they can keep a straight face!

I'm beginning to think that "Is it possible that..." or "Could it be that..." are less offensive than all this crap!

celtic fox

Nov 8, 2015
surrey uk
Detector(s) used
ctx3030 , deus lite , garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it is so dragged out it took 3 episodes to show dive in 10x last season

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm gonna give up cable and just have your mom fill me in on the Oak Island goings on!
She tells it like it is!

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oak Island is the product of two children with big imaginations. Surprised they haven't pulled out the LRL yet!

Is it possible that this is a casket left by aliens harvesting humans for the iron in their blood and if so does this mean they are returning for their hidden gold?!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HahaHa ! "Godzilla" she may be on to something there :laughing7:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011